Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 06:23 PM
    Visit the elderly
    How about going going out and doing a visit with some of the senior citizens this week. Many don't get visited over the Holidays, and some never get visited.

If you have an elderly aunt or uncle, mom or dad don't forget to give them a call. Just a little of our time can mean so much to someone who believes they are forgotten
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2006, 12:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    How about going going out and doing a visit with some of the senior citizens this week. Many don't get visited over the Holidays, and some never get visited.
    Holidays? What holiday is coming up?

Or is it just some sort of National Elderly Day or were you just making a comment in general?

Either way, I agree with you. I try to visit my grandmothers once and a while. Visited with them tonight actually.

I think the elderly (who are retired) have it the best. They get to pursue their hobbies, etc. Down side is the health issues that a lot of them have.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Mar 5, 2007, 12:57 AM

If you have an elderly aunt or uncle, mom or dad don't forget to give them a call. Just alittle of our time can mean so much to someone who beleives they are forgotten
    A very good suggestion from Fr_Chuck. This is something which every one forgets or have no time nowadays. We should not abandon the elderly people. visiting them once a while or spending some time with them will give them happiness.
    donotrun Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 02:29 PM

If you have an elderly aunt or uncle, mom or dad don't forget to give them a call. Just alittle of our time can mean so much to someone who beleives they are forgotten
    Fr. Chuck
    I like visiting the elderly, it seems like when I am trying to volunteer at the church there is never anything to do, ( I even ask at the rectory). I used to pertain to the Legion of Mary and even this group is more than dead, it is usually filled with members who are elderly people themselves and don't have the energy to do go out and don't want to me visited either.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 04:51 PM
    I do visit the nursing home every month.
    I have a grandama in Japan, who is sick in bed. I haven't seen her since the Christmas.
    I have always had a connection with the elders. I enjoy conversations with them.I bought them flowers every month. Ten bucks a month, couple hours, every time I go, I think a little bit about my future when I get old and always feel that I have learned A LOT from the two-hour in depth conversation with them.:)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 05:43 PM
    I love this idea. You can make some pretty awsome friends by visiting the elderly. Sometime just talking to an older gentelman or lady at the bus stop is cool too. Or helping someone out with their groceries or whatever, just take the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elderly Mom with CC Debt [ 7 Answers ]

My 70+ mother has racked up a lot of credit card debt. She has no job, no money, no assets. She lives in my home. She owes more for her car than it's worth. I make the payment's for her. She get's a very small amount of SSI monthly. Other family members have advised her to file bk. She has called...

Elderly Woman Deep in Debt [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died and left my mother with over $80,000 of credit card debt. There are sufficient assets to cover the debt, but just barely, and not without tax penalties. She would be left with virtually nothing. The late fees are continuing to mount, and all the of interest rates have...

New York visit [ 2 Answers ]

I am coming out of Boston and I want to drive to a location in Connecticut and take a train into the city. I want to enter at Grand Central and not Penn Station. Where in Connecticut can I do this and I also need to know about long term parking (4 days). My son is applying to NYU and any...

Sick elderly parents need help with old credit card debt [ 9 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello there. This is my first question on this website. Hopefully someone is able to guide me. My father is 74 and very ill and my mother is 70 with cancer. They were keeping up on their credit card payments...

Visit me [ 2 Answers ]

visit me at my website which will soon have video game information on it. Site under construction I would like the people who go there to private message me

View more questions Search