Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andydude88 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jan 7, 2006, 05:03 PM
    Relationships and sex
    I've realized that these days a lot more focus is being put on sex in teenage relationships than in the past. My parents always say to wait till I'm 18 at least because back in the day people didn't do it when they were very young. Obviously I'm not going to wait till marriage but the point is it seems that the only reason people have relationships is the sex alone.

Is it true that you should rush into it after the first date or even a week? I thought you should get to know them better. I think too much emphasis is put on the physical part of it and it seems kind of shallow. Though I wouldn't really mind. The first girls you meet you don't end up marrying so I guess it doesn't matter.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 7, 2006, 05:34 PM
    I wouldn't really say jump right into it. You got to be careful like use protection and all that. I think its best to wait till you are married. That is only my opinion. Of course you could also meet someone before you marry who you click with in the right sort of way and things could happen. Its up to you. Just remember a few tips for you. Always have protection. Be ware of some of these girls that tell you that you don't have to worry about a condom because they are on birthcontrol. Lots of girls these days will tell you that so you will sleep with them with out protection and get them pregnant so they can hit you up for child support money or cause in their young mind they think they want to be a mama. There are diseases out there too. Just be careful and don't be too fast on the move.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andydude88
    I've realized that these days alot more focus is being put on sex in teenage relationships than in the past. My parents always say to wait till I'm 18 at least because back in the day people didn't do it when they were very young. Obviously I'm not gonna wait till marriage but the point is it seems that the only reason people have relationships is the sex alone.

Is it true that you should rush into it after the first date or even a week? I thought you should get to know them better. I think too much emphasis is put on the physical part of it and it seems kinda shallow. Though I wouldn't really mind. The first girls you meet you don't end up marrying so I guess it doesn't matter.

First not really, the 60's were the real sex years, they stressed all sort of sex, did not matter if you even knew their names, but then that was not all, but just a movement. But every group of young people always believe that their group has more pressure on it than the ones before.

It is best to wait for sex till marriage and at the least till you have a long term relationship, those that have sex after a date or two have no really feelings except perhaps lust.

And no there is no "rush" except normally that of a lot of guys to score and have sex. Today it should never be done without protection. One never knows the sexual history of the person they are going to be with

A lot of those that do have sex during high school normally regreat giving away such a special part of theirself to someone so early and normally wish they had waited. The part of it not normally talked about.

Jan 7, 2006, 06:55 PM
    d'oh yeah that's right the 60s. Forgot all about that. Now I realize what I said was actually the opposite of what happened.

All right thanks for the advice that's that
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2006, 08:06 PM
    What is wrong with waiting until marriage?

Jan 7, 2006, 08:41 PM
    You know what it is, dude? Some folks are afraid to wait till they get married because they think if they wait till they are married then after they are married they can't be with another person until death do you part and they get scared of that because they feel like they should have tested other waters or some junk. My friend tried to explain it to me. I don't see whatswrong with waiting. When I find the right man then I won't give a sheeps fart about what I have and haven't done. Why its so important for people to have 50 notches on their bed post before they settle down. What's up with that? Its rather disgusting to me.
    cfablemaster Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Jan 7, 2006, 09:20 PM
    I know something
    I don't know wats wrong. I wuldnt really be into having sex with evry1 in the first place. Id do it with the 1 I liked. Commitment is a little scary though.but look on this side. If you had sex with evry1 a hell of a lot of people wuld have AIDs. Acquired immunodeficiancy syndrome
    Please comment on this post
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2006, 06:21 AM
    Sex
    Hi, Andydude,
    Some do marry the first girl they have sex with!
    Here are some things, statistics, you might want to know, before having sex:
    1. 40% of all girls in the United States are pregnant before they are 20 yrs old.
    2. No condom, pill, etc, is 100% safe against pregnancy. The manufacturers of these products make that statement.
    3. There are so many diseases from sex now, some very serious, others can be cured by a doctor, that it is "mindboggling".
    So, many boys/men do not consider what they would do if all of a sudden, they are a Daddy. Girls don't think about it either, until it's too late.
    I do wish you the best of luck, and please think about what you want out of life.

Jan 8, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Yeah I kind of worry about being stuck with someone that I might not end up liking for too long for the rest of my life

Anyway that's not anytime soon so ill have time to think about it

I know there's some people who just do it with everyone like over to 50 people in their lifetime
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 11:13 PM
    Ok, normally I try not to insult other countries, but I have to comment on this one by Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    1. 40% of all girls in the United States are pregnant before they are 20 yrs old.
    That is so sad. I don’t know the exact number, but I assume that the Canadian number is much lower.

Why?

In Canada, in our high school health class, we teach all about contraceptives. I know that in a lot of the US (at least the south), schools that teach about contraceptives, lose some public funding. So schools choose not to teach it which in my opinion leads to the 40% stat.

Here in Canada, in our health class, we learn about condoms, the pill, etc. And I think that is a great thing. Our teacher told us that if we had sex, always use a condom. We learned about the different stds, hiv, aids. He never said we should wait for marriage, or we should wait for a committed relationship, he just taught us about contraceptives to use when we chose to have sex.

Jan 11, 2006, 05:34 AM
    They teach us all that in school in American. Well my state did. I don't know about the schools in the other states but, I remember learning about condoms and birthcontrol, and where baby's comes from and all that stuff. Kids chose not to listen to it though and we had some very large pregnant teenagers running around.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2006, 06:00 AM
    If the main focal point of a relationship is sex, then it is not a health relationship at all. We all know that sex is a factor that all relationships have, but getting to know someone first is important. Sex I agree is not as it used to be but in my opinion is very special. If you wait until you are with the right person and the timing is right for you then it is so wonderful.

I was 17yrs old when I lost my virginity and I don't regret it. I was going out with my best friend (and he still is a very good friend to this day). He did not push me and I did it because it felt right and because of the my feelings at the time. It was really romantic and special and something I will always treasure in my memories. It also gives me and my good friend something to giggle about when we are hanging out.

Rushing into something with someone you have just started dating really isn't the right way to go about it.

Bearing in mind I had known my good friend a good 2yrs before we started going out as a couple and were together taking things slow for a good few months before we had sex.

Take you time and make sure it is with someone you really care about. That's is what it's all about after all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationships [ 12 Answers ]

:mad: :confused: well the thing is I like this guy and he like me to but we live in 2 diff states and plus I'm afraid to get hurt again cuzi have been hurt so much latley I'm really scared andi just so worried that if I date him then it gt happen again and I hate getting...

Relationships [ 3 Answers ]

Well.. I'm really confused. I've been with this guy for a 3 years now.. Since high school.. And I really love him.. We have a sexual relationship but in recent months we haven't had sex.. I didn't notice how long it had been until my boyfriend pin pointed it out to me. I love him so dearly.. ...

Relationships [ 5 Answers ]

There was this guy I was going out with and we broke up back in march! We went out for about 3months. I'm not the type of person to dwelll on someone but I don't know there was definitely something about this person and I can't put my finger on it... I don't know what to do were not friends...

Relationships [ 2 Answers ]

I feel that I resist leting anyone get close, that I'm better off as a loner, but I want someone to love me. This tendency could be residual effects from a strained Mother-Daughter relationship. What should I do to improve my relationships?

Relationships [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Advice, I do not know what to do. See I had this boyfriend last year. And well we broke up over the summer and here it is in May and I still miss him. I know people says it takes time. But, how am I supposed to feel when I see his with these other girls. Sure I have dated other people...

View more questions Search