Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistergooi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 12:52 AM
    Office 2003 can't open after uninstalling Office 2007
    Hi,

I can't open any of my Office 2003 applications. A 'Widows Installer' box pops up, and asks for SKU112.CAB. I can't find my original install disks. I tried a solution I found, opening in safe mode and stopping msiexec.exe, but the laptop then showed a Error 1311. Source file not found. C:\MSOCache\All Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9\L2561412.CAB. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I'm not sure where to start. I tried a repair from the Control Panel / Add Remove Programs, but that also asked me for the install disks.

I'm still trying to find the disks, but from what I read on the searches I've made, even then this problem might remain.

Anyone can tell me what I should do? I'm basically crippled - all the work that I need to do relies on my Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. I've wasted a whole day just trying to find a solution...

Thanks,
    Sheldon
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 16, 2008, 09:31 AM
    When I get myself into this type of mess I have to start asking some hard questions. For example, is it at all possible that the Office 2007 I was using is an illegal copy of the application.

Can I get you to back up a bit and tell me why you want to return to Office 2003 level applications? What has the 2007 code version been unkind about.

Sometimes, if you do a "System Restore" to a point prior to where installed the '07 code, you can get your cabs back. Try that and let me know what happens!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2008, 09:37 AM
    While multiple versions of Office can co-exist (I have three on my PC), you have to be careful during the install. Only ONE version of Outlook can exist, so installing Outlook 2007 will wipe out Outlook 2003 though your PST file will used. If you just used the default install, Office 2007 will remove the 2003 apps.

If you didn't do it that way, have you tried opening the 2003 apps then using File>Open to load the data files? It may just be an association issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vista and Office 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is taking a college computer class that requires him to have Office 2007. We were looking at the price tonight at Wal-Mart and it's only like $10 less than Vista. Does the Vista software include the programs that come with Office 2007? Thanks.

Download Microsoft office 2007 [ 6 Answers ]

In what way I will download Microsoft office 2007 absolutely free.:(

Missing File with Word 2003 (all Office 2003 programs) [ 3 Answers ]

I recently started having problems opening any of my Office 2003 Professional programs. The files seem to open, but an error pops up saying that I'm missing a file named PS561401.cab, and can not open without reinstalling the program. I don't have the installation disks for Office, as this...

How do I enable windows xp home edition to open office 2007 documents? [ 2 Answers ]

I have just installed Microsoft office 2007 on my computer, but when I try to open a document, even one that I just created, it just comes up with an error message: "This error may appear because an antivirus program is not allowing the file to open. This can be caused by either: The antivirus...

Office 2003 vs office 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

OK, so my new tablet laptop has a 3-month free trial for MS Office 2003... my ? Is, if I create a bunch of documents in Office 2003, will I still be able to work/edit them in Office 2000 once the 3-month trial of Office 2003 is over?

View more questions Search