Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2006, 02:25 PM
    Chat software that's not so piggy
    I'm using Yahoo for chatting with friends, and while I like all the features of it, my system is not that fast and I'm finding it to be quite a memory hog. I have the same complaint about the other major chat programs... msn, AOL, icq, etc.

Anyway I'm wondering if anyone could suggest a simple chat program that is not bloatware? Thanks.
    cfablemaster Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Jan 7, 2006, 02:35 PM
    Lol
    Y don't u just go to search and type fast chat or something??
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 7, 2006, 02:47 PM
    How about Trillian.
    It covers all the main IM's in ONE client.
    I've been using ut for years and it's great.
    Comes in 2 flavours, free and pro.

I have pro running now and it's using 6 meg of memory
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2006, 02:50 PM
    Oh I've heard of Trillian! Sounds good... I will try it, thanks! :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2006, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cfablemaster
    y dont u just go to search and type fast chat or somthing???
    Haha. Well it's not that the chat itself isn't fast, it's just that my computer is older and when the chat is running it makes all my other applications run a lot more slowly. It does this even when I'm online but not chatting with anyone.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 7, 2006, 04:43 PM
    IM's Chat
    Orange I have been using Lycos IM for sometime because you can talk to people on MSN, Yahoo, AOL and so on just using the one program, which helped speed up my system lol as I was running 2/3 IM programs before... Also have you thought about upgrading some of your internal software and systems if your running an old system, you can add a little ram for a few $$$ much cheaper than a new system pmpl :D
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2006, 05:27 PM
    Thanks Nwsflsh, I'll try Lycos too!

I'm getting a completely new system in the spring, so I won't be having this problem for much longer. :)

Jan 8, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Thanks Nwsflsh, I'll try Lycos too!

I'm getting a completely new system in the spring, so I won't be having this problem for much longer. :)
    Well I guess you will be like Orange Turbo come Spring lol... :D...
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2006, 09:18 AM
    Orange Turbo... I like that! :D

Jan 8, 2006, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Orange Turbo... I like that! :D
    :D Hey

Im going to buy the TM on that lol :)

I need to get a new system myself as I'm just running laptop at mo as my base-unit died and I love notebooks but there not the fastest way in the world!
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2006, 10:13 AM
    You're right they're not... although my "adoptive" dad (there I go again :rolleyes: ) just bought a pretty sweet laptop, and here's what he wrote to me about it (he's a doctor in case you're wondering about the Emergency room reference):

Since you were over last, I got myself a Toshiba A-70 Satellite laptop computer and I am using it in Emergency. I now have it networked to the main computer at home which simplifies transferring data back and forth. It works very nicely and has a pentium 4 3.1 processor which is almost as fast as the one on my regular computer. The downside, is it is heavy and definitely is hard on battery power. But in Emergency, I plug it into a wall socket and bypass the battery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chat at network [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, Can anybody tell me how to do chat at the net work by using windows? Thanks

Chat only on network [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for programs give the facility to do a chat only on network, can anybody help on that? Thanks in advance

Chat files [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Jendor, If you have the latest version of MSN these instructions should work... In MSN, Click on Tools and then Options. Then Click on the Messages tab up the top. You should see an option at the bottom of that window for message logging. By ticking that box you can chose a location to...

View more questions Search