Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannahlaws92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Long boring flights, what to do.
    I am about to go on a LONG flight from England to Australia. I am wondering if anybody has any ideas for what I can do on the plane for 18 hours. Ideas for teenagers are preferred.
    Thanks, Hannah
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 07:44 PM
    I agree that the movies are usually a bust huh? Have you considered audio books, many good ones out there.
    Stringer
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Sadly... unless the teen loves books, audio books are out of the question.

Dvds. Books (if the teen loves to read). Crossword puzzles/sudoku. Or you could dose their drink (just kidding).

I took a flight from asia to New York... roughly a 15 hour flight. I stayed up all night the night before so I slept roughly 8 hours on the flight... and then watched 3 movies.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 15, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Make sure your IPod is charged and maxed out with good music. I suggest Anne Murray a little Karen Carpenter, throw in some Neil Diamond and top it off with Barry Manilow.

Also books a re good as that's all I do during a flight. If you have a laptop, fully charge the battery and spend the time doing whatever teens doing on them. Also good for watching DVD's on.

Some like to do crossword puzzles but I'm not a fan. Bring a plain notebook and do some journal writing of this trip. Guys and girls can do this and it's nice to look back and read back on what you wrote.

This long flight is a great time to catch up on something you have been putting off. For myself, though not a teen, I like to get out letters and notes as I still believe in handwritten notes.

Hope it helps getting advice from this little old lady...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Have not done the international, but on US flights, I still like to watch TV and movies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find deals on international flights? [ 8 Answers ]

Where do you go shopping for international flights? The cheaper the better:D

How are travel websites linked to hotels flights etc to allow online booking. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering how all the travel sites link themselves to allow online booking with the various airlines hotels etc. I was under the impression they are all link to a couple of different backend sites, which the hotels and airlines have access to? If this is the case, how do there...

Boring flight (What to do?) [ 1 Answers ]

What are some fun, sensible things to do on a long flight? (fun thing to do for a sensible grown up... i.e - not childish or immature)

View more questions Search