Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jk1216 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Honeywell RTH230B programmable installation
    My old Honeywell thermostat wiring is, White to W, yellow to Y, green to G and red to R, there also is a small piece of red wire jumping from Y to 1, (idon't know if that jump wire is for the fan only). The new RTH230B instructions show a small line under the Rh and Rc connections is that a separate jump line to power both, would I do that and then just hook ,Green line to the G, my yellow line to Y and my white line to W? I appreciate any help.
    FiveBears Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Your W is for heat, Y is for cooling, G is for fan, and R is the 24v "hot". On the new t-stat Rh and Rc will be jumped together they would not be if you used two different transformers for your furnace and your condenser. Connect Red to Rh-Rc which would power the circuit. Connect Yellow to Y, Green to G and White to W. In heating power passes though the stat's internal switches to power the heat relay in the furnace and a switch in the furnace takes care of the fan either by heat or time. In cooling the stat powers both Y the condenser and the fan in the furnace.
    jk1216 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Hello FiveBears, I thank you for your help and description of the wire colors and their pupose, I'll be able to put up that thermostat with more understanding. I was going to explore the wire in the furnace and condenser following it from the thermostat to get some more understanding. Again I thank you for sharing your knowledge. Have a great day. JK1216
    hlfig Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 04:56 PM
    I have a Honeywell RTH230B programmable control, but , I can't get my amanda AC\Heater
    To heat. The fans blows, but, no heat. I have Rh and Rc jumped with the red wire to Rc,
    Y is to yellow, W is to white and G is to green. I have a brown wire that I don't know where it goes.

Thank You
    hlfig Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 04:57 PM
    I have a Honeywell RTH230B programmable control, but , I can't get my amanda AC\Heater
    To heat. The fans blows, but, no heat. I have Rh and Rc jumped with the red wire to Rc,
    Y is to yellow, W is to white and G is to green. I have a brown wire that I don't know where it goes.

Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring my honeywell programmable thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new Honeywell programmable thermostat rth7400d. I had a Comfortmaker with W1,C,Y,R,G,O. Where do these wires go. I am able to get my fan to work but the heat won't come on. I haven't tested the AC yet. I have a multistage heat pump with aux heat. Please help its cold.

Honeywell mercury to a Honeywell programmable [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to change out my old thermostat which uses a mercury switch to a Honeywell ct2800 programmable thermostat. The old thermostat which is also a Honeywell has just 2 wires connected to it (one red and one grey)and none of the old terminal posts have any letter markings. There is no...

Honeywell programmable thermostat #RTH230B [ 3 Answers ]

How do I place the wiring with 2 wires-- one black and one yellow?

RTH230B installation (or not) [ 6 Answers ]

I just brought home a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat, with terminals that look very unlike the wires connection to my old thermostat (put in by the builder in '94). The wires coming out of the wall are White, Orange, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and one that is kind of Pinkish. Can I use the RTH23B...

Honeywell rth230b installation [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing a Honeywell LR69071 with a RTH230B. The LR69071 is currently wired the following. W2 white R red G green Y yellow B blue X black

View more questions Search