Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Insurance deductibles
    On my homeowners policy in Florida. They have all perils deductible $2,500 and
    Hurricane deductible 10% of $11,325.00 and then there is wind deductible.

Are these separate deductibles I would have to pay, before my insurance
    Would kick in??
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 15, 2008, 03:44 PM
    No, not in Florida.

When you have a claim, once they have sent the claims adjuster out to the property, they determine the cost of repair. As long as the cost of repair exceeds that particular deductible, what remains is what you receive for repairs.

For example; Part of roof blows off. The cost to fix the roof is $3,500. Your deductible is $2,500. You will receive a check for $1,000.

Hope that helps...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Unfortunately yes for each occurrence i.e. wind, hurricane but not all deductibles adding up before you have to pay. I am shocked you even got any kind of insurance in Florida. After Andrew a lot of insurance carriers flew the coop and dumped all policy holders in Florida. The insurance companies basically don't want to part with their money that they collected from you unless absolutely positively necessary and then they will probably give you the run around and not pay you even if you sue. Happened to a friend on mine in Oregon after he had a new home built, storm wrecked his home making it unliveable, had to sue insurance company and then insurance company happily said HE cancelled his own policy (?), and then the insurance company went bankrupt discharging his claim. Gee, wasn't that swell of them? Now poor guy has no home and no money to build another one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Involved in accident without insurance but she had insurance [ 12 Answers ]

I live in PA. An older lady hit my car per the police report it states that she turned directly into my driverside of my car as I had the right of way. My car was damaged & I was hurt. I contacted my insurance company they told me my policy cancelled 3 days before the accident but its OK now...

Can I be under his insurance? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughters father wants to get private insurance for himself our daughter and me... But since Im not his wife would he be able to put me under his coverage? Or how ever it works... I went to lowermybills.com to get different insurace quotes and to get the quotes you have to provide who will be...

Salary Deductibles in New Jersey? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what are the salary deductibles if I were to work in New Jersey. I am a foreign citizen with Optional Practical Training. As far as I know the deductibles are: Federal tax (whats the rate? Any different from people not under OPT?) State tax (same as local resident?) Social...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Insurance? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm Angela and I've recently started the process of getting my home-based business going. What I need to know is this... do I need insurance in my new business to protect me from lawsuits? I do "mobile-face-painting" parties for children.

View more questions Search