Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    didykat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2006, 08:24 AM
    New Hampshire Custody question
    Not to long ago I had moved my son (who is now 18mo) and myself up from Florida to New Hampshire with the hope of his father becoming active in his life. He was ordered to pay child support after paternity was established (his name is not on the birth certificate) and had done so for the first two and a half months. I do allow him to pick our son up for the weekend any where from one to two times a month and even allow any last minute plans for visits outside those weekends. It's basically an open calendar as far as time spent with his son. Regardless of their time together and my financial struggles, it's now been about 3 solid months without seeing any payment of child support. During our time in NH I have become involved with and plan on marrying a long time friend. And because opportunity has been offered to my fiancé through promotions and company growth with the requirement of relocating, we are hoping to move to NC (though move requires us to be down there at the end of this month). Though taking a son from his father is something I’d rather not do, the move will further benefit us as a family economically as well as some strong support from family and friends. We have told my sons father about this move a few days after Christmas and he has made his opinions against it. We never went to court for custody so I'm not sure on what grounds I stand on as far as this decision is concerned. So I guess I'm wondering what my options, legal obligations and steps are in order for us to make a successful move to NC if permissible? Can anyone help?

Check out some similar questions!

Custody question [ 1 Answers ]

Just wanted to say thank you for all the help.

Child Custody question. [ 4 Answers ]

What happens if the father does not show up at the court hearing for custody? The father of my two children has warrants out for his arrest and I am sure he will not show, just as he does not show for the child support meetings. If he doesn't show up at court for custody and I am requesting sole...

Custody Question? HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about getting sole custody with no visitation against an ex-husband who is pretty much a loser. He never holds a job for longer then a couple of months and he is living with his 19 year old girfriends parents and he is 24. He has been in prison 2-3 times and has felonies for drugs and...

New Hampshire Child Custody Law [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if my daughter of 11 years old can live with me in the state of Florida after the state of New Hampshire 7 years ago gave my ex-husband Physical Custody of her. She has made it VERY clear to him and I that she does NOT want to live with him after him burning the house down...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.