Ask
    kuldip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 06:29 AM
    How to delete all web history
    How to delete all web history permanently
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 15, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Go to tools in your internet bar at the top, go to internet options, under general click on clean history. Did this work for you?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Hello k:

It depends on what you mean by "permanent".

The above will remove it from sight, but it's still on your hard drive.

If you want to delete it PERMANENTLY. After you do the above, defrag your drive. However, even then, it's detectable if someone REALLY wanted to detect it. The next step would require a 3rd party utility like Ace or others. After you use one of THOSE wipes, your drive will be clean.

excon
    -

Jan 15, 2008, 07:42 AM
    It can be cleaned further I just mention this to the person. There are others that's why I stated this. You can do this as well like clean your cookies as well delete internet history if so please advise and I will give you the steep by steep to do this. There is no need on adding programs for is is more of a pain. I hope I can help you further if need be.
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Jan 15, 2008, 05:32 PM
    As far as I know, the best way to delete it permanitly without software is to go to internet options. Click delete under browsing history, if a screen pops up and asks you which things to delete click each one manually because sometimes Delete All doesn't work. Then to make sure everything is deleted, click the scroll down arrow near your address bar and make sure the only thing you see is the current page your on. Then go back to internet options and under browsing history click settings, and then click view files. Their should only be a view files since everything is deleted. But if you see a lot of files, you can delete them manually. This should delete your history so that a regular computer user can't find out what your doing. But remember that a computer expert may still be able to find out what your doing.
    -

Jan 16, 2008, 05:08 AM
    I would agree with all added information that all pers have posted on this matter.
    perfection1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 04:39 AM
    To delete personal history online, you should delete your personal information from people search databases and from Google. Also you need to manage your privacy on social networks - fix privacy settings, do not share personal information on social networks, classified sites, dating sites, blogs etc. Or simply enroll with privacy protection tools like MyID and get real time privacy alerts whenever your privacy is exposed online and get instructions on how to protect your privacy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE7 doesn't delete web history after n days setting [ 5 Answers ]

I set 7 days in ie7/tools/options//general/settings keep web pages in history but it seems to keep the web pages visited history for ever unless I delete manually. As far as I know I have the latest version as the "check for updates automatically" is checked.

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

Delete! [ 1 Answers ]

Delete!

View more questions Search