Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InTheEyesOfALI Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2006, 10:07 PM
    What does it take to get Six Pack Abs?
    I'm 15, 5'9 and 160 pounds... I work out everyday and no matter what I do you can never see my abs... when I feel my stomach or look at it in the mirror while I have an empty stomach I can feel my six pack... I work it out so hard I get so mad that people barely try and can have a six pack that shows... I run but I could run more but I get discouraged when it doesn't do anything... ok I try to eat good and I will have like a three day healthy eating streak... but then I get so hungry... I honestly can't eat like a salad and then after my salad be full... IT JUST Doesn't HAPPEN!. in order for me not to be full I have to have like some kind of meat like chicken or wutever so then I can get full... its like I have to eat a lot to be full... the only prob is that people say it is healthy to eat meat like that because it gives you protein and what not BUT IT Doesn't MAKE ME SKINNIER AT ALL... when I eat all the meat no matter how healthy it is my stomach always gets bigger... wut the hell do I do... eat a lot runn a CRAP LOAD??

-brandon
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 6, 2006, 10:55 PM
    Your only 15 and your body cannot handle intensive work outs at such a young age. I recommend that a medical practitioner give clearance, they will determine your general health. Also, they will monitor your work outs to ensure that you don't suffer any injuries.
    InTheEyesOfALI Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2006, 03:55 PM
    All right well a lot of my friends same age have a six pack, muscles etc... I have that stuff do just its covered and you can't see it... I don't feel stress on my body when I work out
    cfablemaster Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Jan 7, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Lol
    I handle plenty of training. It takes a lot but believe in yourself and you can do it
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 7, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Working Out
    Simple answer is a lot of hard work, training and so on plus been strick about sticking to the program... :D But I agree at a young age ensure you don't over do it as your body may not be able to handle the stress as even some adults bodys can't.
    iamarcin Posts: 72, Reputation: 4

Feb 9, 2006, 10:09 AM
    Forget the age fitnes is fitnes you will live longer because you are fitter but I'm only 22 and a novice at working out the bigest thing is proper diet too much water will settle around your muscles and you won't see them that is why musclebuilders try to eliminate h2o before a show too litle watter will make you feal fatigued and sore sb/c muscles don't get lubricated another important thing is to squeze and pull stumach in while doing crunches
    Also do them twice a day those muscles recover a lot faster
    thoa332 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Ya I have that problem too and I'm 12 years old and my cousins are the same age as me with sixpack... 1)All you have to do is train hard but don't over do it. 2)Eat until you don't feel hungry anymore, NOT WHEN YOUR FULL! when your not hungry anymore. 3)How long have you been working out? It takes time to build your abs, over the months you will see results. I hope this helped and if it didn't srry it worked for my cousins.
    Emyth Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 03:16 PM

6 pack abs come with two things.

A good healthy core; meaning you work on getting those abs toned so they define well.

And a low body fat %.. roughly 8-10% body fat

But mainly a low boyfriend percentage.
    samirch99 Posts: 25, Reputation: -1

Oct 27, 2009, 11:53 PM

Crunches with 20lb weights held under crossed arms, worked for me.
    eagle5269 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 01:57 PM
    Well that is easy and hard. You need to look at a few things, namely three areas specifically. Diet, Exercise and rest.
    With rest is where you will find the best results. Your body builds muscle when you rest not when you are working out. So plenty of rest is one of the most important aspects. You can't focus as much on your everyday routine, and specifically in the gym or running if you don’t have the energy and are well rested. You just cannot concentrate and focus as much as you could you if are rested and alert.
    Next lets look at Nutrition. You can work out hard, but with out the proper nutrition your either working out to support your nutritional habits or working out and not getting anything you really intend to get from working out. You need to make sure to use the correct supplements.
    Many people will tell you that you don’t need supplements as long as you have a healthy diet, but in reality that is false. Compared to 20 years ago, the food you get now with over faming and this and that does not provide the essential nutrients and miners you need. So of anything you take, get a good multi vitamin.
    You can read any fitness magazine and the ration of workout supplements versus the articles about actual fitness are outweighed 2:1 sometimes 3:1.
    Plus you will never read a magazine and see some large body builder or some hot girl saying they got this body from sleeping and taking a multi vitamin. But they are part of the building blocks for your goals.
    And last the fitness portion. With so many routines out there and supplements it can drive you crazy. Keep in mind that what works for me may not work for someone else. The biggest thing I can recommend in there is to look at a lot of stuff and find out what works for you. Chances are after a while you'll notice others taking up what your doing. It's a cycle that will be around forever in the gym.
    Also, to get the abs you want, you need to loose the fat. You can have awesome abs, but unless that layer or two, three of fat are not on top of your abs, you’ll never see them. I hope this helps. Email me at [email protected] for more info. Ill help as much as I can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to pack for the hospital [ 7 Answers ]

I just thought I might ask if I have remembered everything to take to the hospital. I made a list and if anyone can add to it I would love the help. Ok so here it goes... copy and paste... Going home outfit for me Shampoo/conditioner Toothbrush/toothpaste Hair brush Hair ties/clippies Bar...

Service Pack 2 v 2096 [ 0 Answers ]

What is the difference between "Service Pack 2" and "Service Pack 2 v 2096" for Windows XP.

Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Pack [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse pack and it just does not seem to work. It operates perfectly in Microsoft word or open office or indeed anything except games. While playing Battlefield 2 or GTA:San Andreas it will seem to drop it's signal. While running the character will all of...

No Auto Fan on Carrier Gas-Pack [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas-pack Heating/Airconditioning system (about 12 years old). A few weeks ago I noticed the heating cycle was not working. I ran some checks to determine the cause and discovered that the main circulation fan was never coming on when the fan was set to the "Auto" position. The gas...

View more questions Search