Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drifting-alone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 10:31 PM
    Wedding Anniversary but separated
    My wife separated from me some three years ago. She is now living with another guy. We are not yet divorced, and neither of us are in any hurry to do so. Last year we formally separated ("legal separation") and I paid her out half the value of our relationship-property.

We don't communicate at all except if something needs discussing. But I can't deny I still have feelings for her, even still love her, we were together for 33 years before trouble struck.

Today is our 37th Wedding Anniversary. I want to send her a text message to mark the day. After all, we ARE still married. But I don't know if I should, and if I did, what would I say?

I'm not trying to woo her back, just want to say that I still remember the good times. I would take her back if she wanted to come back.

I am not in any relationship, my work is too busy for that. Help! :confused:
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jan 14, 2008, 10:35 PM
    If you do send her the text. Say just what you feel. Tell her you remember the good times and it's not that easy to just forget 33 years. Let her know you're not wanting to woo her back, just had to get some things off your chest. Maybe something unexpected will happen. Keep in mind I'm not advising you to send the text, but I'm not telling you not to either.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 06:51 AM
    I believe you need a refresher course in personal, mental health; perhaps in the area of self esteem. Your vocation is no substitute; it is an alternative way to use the valuable time you have to live. She has moved on, as they say. It is time for you to get your life in gear without her, sorry to say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6th Wedding Anniversary [ 14 Answers ]

Okay, next weekend my husband and I will celebrate 6 years of wedded bliss. We've been doing the traditional gifts (sometimes with creatives spins, as the year we got bikes for each other in the colors of Orange and Grape to cover "fruits and vegetables") Year 6 is "Iron", and I'm stumped. I...

27th wedding anniversary present [ 2 Answers ]

My parents' 27th wedding anniversary is coming up and I was thinking of going traditional this year (just for fun). I found a couple of traditional present lists, but once you hit the 20th, the suggestions for presents are only every 5 years (20th, 25th, 30th). Was this tyep of list just from...

Married but separated [ 3 Answers ]

I need advise on the subject of my health insurance. My wife and me are separated and right now I have health insurance for her kids do I have to keep them on my plan. Thank you Jeff

Separated and looking for answers [ 3 Answers ]

I have been separated from my husband for 5 months... An I receive court ordered child support... I want to know what rights do I have in refence to division of property and assets... since my husband's name is not on our deed for our home and he's looking to purchase him a home in his own...

View more questions Search