Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    astrand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2006, 06:44 PM
    I was caught making fake money
    I recently was busted for making fake 20's, I passed 8 fake 20 dollar bills. The police found another 15 or so in my trash. I understand that I committed a federal offense, what would be a ballpark of my punishment? I'm a single mom with 2 boys who's father recently committed suicide?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2006, 07:43 PM
    Good lawyer
    First are the FBI or Justice dept trying you in federal court or will this be done in state court.

I would say you need a real good attorney very fast ( plus perhaps stop admitting guilt on places like this or anywhere) even if they caught you red handed never admit guilt until you talk to your lawyer.

And unless you make a deal I doubt he will ever want you to admit guilt either.

So even with an attorney I would say if they got you with the evidence you will see prison time, most likely several years, but get an attorney fast if you don't already have one.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Hello astrand:

There's no way to tell with the information you gave. However, although it might appear to be a small incident (to you), it's a very big incident to the cops. I think you could be facing a LOT of time in the slam.

Here's my advice. I'm sure you're charged with a felony. They WILL give you a lawyer for free if you have no money, and I assume you don't. Until you talk to your lawyer, DO NOT talk to the cops.

Let me say that again, DO NOT TALK TO THE COPS.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 08:15 AM
    Tme
    I will add that if you bail out, normally you can not get an attorney if you get bailed out. At least in my area

I found this out the hard way, my son ( sadly) was arrested resently, one of the family signed to get him out, so now because he made bail, the court says he has the resourses to pay for an attorney, which he does not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Serial killers making money off their crimes [ 5 Answers ]

I'm doing a study on serial killers, and I'm wondering if there are any federal laws preventing serial killers from making profit off their crimes. I would also like to know how many of all murders in the US are "separate" incindents, and how many of all murders in the US are to be considered...

Fast money making! [ 47 Answers ]

Hello people in here wondering how to make really fast money in runescape. Please give me some advice

Making Money Using The Net [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for ways to make money using the internet. I can navigate on a level of 8 on a 1 to 10 scale. I can find people on the net. I can research and find most information on the net. Therefore, please give me advice on which businesses are legitimate and don't cost much to start. My...

Caught in the middle [ 1 Answers ]

About a month a go I went to a used car dealer and bought a car. In the state of New Hampshire you have to get the car inspected. I went and got it inspected and my mechanic passed it. Well just today while driving my right control wheel broke and thank god I wasn't hurt. I called aaa and had them...

Making Money [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! My question is: Where can I find a job on the internet? Ive heard from many people that you can work from home and earn a decent income working online. But I can't seem to find any of these kinds of sites... Ive been looking for them for the past 3 years, and after numerous searches all I've...

View more questions Search