Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roughmagic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2006, 06:19 PM
    Phoney NYPD Officer
    I know a guy who claims to have been an undercover narcotics officer for the NYPD. Many if his stories, are there are quite a few, don't add up.

How do I find out if he is lying about being "on the job"?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2006, 07:49 PM
    Police
    First if he is currently an undercover officer he could not tell you, normally only his wife will know what he does, even his close family will not know he is undercover.

So if he is currently saying he is now undercover it is a lie.

Now most cops ( got to love them) will *add* to their stories at times and make them sound a lot better than they are.

First is he a officer now ? If he was an officer he will have a POST certification card, even if he no longer works for the department. Also he will have a graduation certificate from a police training center.

And a lot of undercover work is so boring that they take several years worth of work and sort of blend them together. And of course like fishing stories, they often get bigger and tougher to catch the more we tell it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2006, 07:29 AM
    Hello rough:

Were his lips moving? Yes?? Then he's a lying SOB.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 08:10 AM
    Lying
    If he is a much older gentlemen we do not call it lying, just making the old stories better
    roughmagic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 11:05 AM
    Details
    Thanks for the information. To fill-in the blanks; he is no longer on the force and is fairly young (42). He has a history of lying about nearly everything else in his life, so the odds are good that the Narc story is bogus as well; I just need to find a way to prove it one way or another.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 9, 2006, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by roughmagic
    Thanks for the information. To fill-in the blanks; he is no longer on the force and is fairly young (42). He has a history of lying about nearly everything else in his life, so the odds are good that the Narc story is bogus as well; I just need to find a way to prove it one way or another.
    If I was you I would find out where he used to be based from his station, and just go down there and say "do you know if ***** is here" they will tell you he no longer works there, our they may say what the hell you talking about! Like they have never heard of him.

People that make up storys about there life have some very, very big issue's and seem to think that they have to be in the lime light all the time. You may also find that this person is ashamed of what they really do and that's why they live in a world of lie's.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 9, 2006, 01:59 PM
    Have you ever seen the movie " Big Fish"? That's what this reminds me of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marine officer or enlisted man? [ 7 Answers ]

I need some advice from people who are not connected with just a recruitment office. My son is graduating in a few weeks from college with a degree in Arabic and Middle Eastern Politics. He studied in Egypt at the American University in Cairo, and worked in Morocco for a SUNY program in the...

Probation Officer dilemma [ 13 Answers ]

My 19-year-old son is currently on probation. He is living at home with his father and I, and we are trying to give him encouragement and support in order to comply with the regulations set forth by the court. When he was arrested (he stole a 4-wheeler) we decided the best thing for him was to...

Probation Officer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all: There's a retired probation officer with the handle magprob. He's trying to hawk a book here. I don't know how much he's trying to sell it for, but don't buy it! He offers a free chapter. I read it. Of course, if YOU ARE a probation officer, then it might help you keeping your...

View more questions Search