Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michellerenee Posts: 102, Reputation: 7

Jan 14, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Chemicals in marijuana
    Can anyone tell me about harmful chemicals supposedly in marijauna?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Embalming fluid has been added for kicks. This was prevalent in the Houston area a few years ago. Also you are looking at pesticides as well. There are other things that can be added to give it a kick such as dead bodies and swamp water when the plane carrying it went down in the Everglades. Now that was some really kick garbage that stank to high heaven, but idiots still bought it, believe it or not. This is a true story, I did not make it up as I saw this myself.

Up here in Ohio they get some Mexican crap that is laced with all kinds of other drugs to sprays. The old embalming fluid was used also. You can tell if it has embalming fluid in it if you get a real bad headache and get really slow thinking (more than normal with using the drug). And constantly have to cough out resin from your lungs and you don't smoke cigarettes.

Hey, it's wonderful stuff. But with any illegal drug, you put up your money and you take your chances. So if you get some bad marijuana don't come crying to me.

Jan 14, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Embalming fluid has been added for kicks. This was prevalent in the Houston area a few years ago. Also you are looking at pesticides as well. There are other things that can be added to give it a kick such as dead bodies and swamp water when the plane carrying it went down in the Everglades. Now that was some really kick garbage that stank to high heaven, but idiots still bought it, believe it or not. This is a true story, I did not make it up as I saw this myself.

Up here in Ohio they get some Mexican crap that is laced with all kinds of other drugs to sprays. The old embalming fluid was used also. You can tell if it has embalming fluid in it if you get a real bad headache and get really slow thinking (more than normal with using the drug). and constantly have to cough out resin from your lungs and you don't smoke cigarettes.

Hey, it's wonderful stuff. But with any illegal drug, you put up your money and you take your chances. So if you get some bad marijuana don't come crying to me.
    I wasn't crying, if grown naturally, how many chemicals are in it?
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Did you get off your probation yet? If it is true home grown, then there should be nothing in it except THC. If it is commercially grown, then it has all kinds of goodies added to it depending on how many hands it has to go through until it gets to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 07:20 PM
    There is really no harmful chemicals, ( except for the issues of smoking it in general that is harmful to your lungs) The THC is the chemical that causes the effect on our body, and some pot has higher levels than others.

It is what our drug dealers do to it that makes it the most dangerous.
    First it is not uncommon for crack to be laced in it to get you hooked on harder and worst drugs and to get you common back for more, and more and more

Next is the issues of the drying process, and the 100's of things added to give it a little more kick.

And of course the issue in the US, is that it is illegal, so that is the main problem with it.

Jan 14, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    There is really no harmful chemicals, ( except for the issues of smoking it in general that is harmful to your lungs) The THC is the chemical that causes the effect on our body, and some pot has higher levels than others.

It is what our drug dealers do to it that makes it the most dangerous.
    First it is not uncommon for crack to be laced in it to get you hooked on harder and worst drugs and to get you commom back for more, and more and more

Next is the issues of the drying process, and the 100's of things added to give it alittle more kick.

And of course the issue in the US, is that it is illegal, so that is the main problem with it.
    I believe that J9 was telling me of the chemicals in cigarettes... it was a long time ago, when I was still on probation
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Homegrown is always the best if started from potent seeds. Problem is keeping it hidden in your closet until it is "done" LOL

Chemicals in cigarettes are the pits so don't get me started on that subject...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 08:02 PM
    If you want to smoke cigarettes you should grow your own of that also, and smoke the real home dryed, nothing like the store stuff.
    My ex's family grew it on a farm years ago.

But just like fruits, veggies and everything it is always better when it is home grown.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 02:01 PM
    If it is true home grown, then there should be nothing in it except THC.
    This isn't technically true, cannabis contains over 60 cannabinoids THC being only one of them. The levels of each vary between different strains of the plant and the age of the plant.

They have slightly different pharmacological effects due to their differing chemical compositions. As to whether they are harmful or not depend on your own physiology and the dose. Many are being isolated and investigated for various medical purposes ranging from obesity drugs to pain medication. They are also being used as tools for investigating memory formation. Cannabinoid receptors are fascinating and still not fully characterised.

One of the main dangers from smoking cannabis is lung cancer, there is an increased risk due to the higher burning temperatures of spliff and the tendency not to use a filter as with commercial tobacco cigarettes.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Are you at uni/college? If so can give you journal references if not I'll find free websites instead. In a dramatic break away form the stereotype wikipedia has a really good article on this- it shows all of the cannabiniods. Cannabinoids - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've got to go to bed but I'll see what I can find a decent review which you don't need to subscribe to get. If you want to look yourself try searching for cannabinoid pharmacology/receptors. You can also try a new (last two years) pharmacology textbook- not much point if it is too old as it won't have much.

This review looks great but I don't have a subscription :(
    CANNABINOID RECEPTORS AS THERAPEUTIC TARGETS - Annual Review of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 46(1):101 - Abstract
    These abstracts give a random overview
    Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry, Volume 5, No. 7, 2005

Jan 15, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Did you get off your probation yet? If it is true home grown, then there should be nothing in it except THC. If it is commercially grown, then it has all kinds of goodies added to it depending on how many hands it has to go through until it gets to you.
    YES ! I'm so happy!
    Sleight_of_mind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 02:29 PM
    Yeah nothing more in it than THC but the funny thing is that they also sell THC in pharmacies as Dronabinol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Marijuana in California [ 7 Answers ]

I have a question regarding California marijuana laws. I know that for under 28 grams of possession of marijuana in the state of California, you can't get arrested and there is just a fine. I was wondering, does anyone know about enhancment laws for repeated arrests of possession of marijuana. ...

Marijuana Test! [ 66 Answers ]

Ok my mother is forcing me to go for a medicals check up cause I haven't had one in like years and for some reason she thinks I could have diebeties cause she sees me eating too many sweets (rolls eyes) I know its rediculose but now I'm freaking out cause I just realized there going to check my...

Marijuana smoke [ 7 Answers ]

My son was with people in a car and they were smoking marijuana. A blunt it was called. He had to take a drug test and was fine with it because he was told it was not in his system because he did not smoke it. He then was told later that it could come out positive. What is the right answer.

Poss for sale marijuana [ 3 Answers ]

Warrantless search of a cell Can the police search my phone with out a warrant In California

View more questions Search