Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billinric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Carrier Gas Furnace blower runs on/heat won't come on
    I have a carrier gas furnace model 58DP100 . The fan runs continuously and the gas burners will not ignite ( the pilot is lit ) HELP... please .
    Frdbrkl Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

Jan 14, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by billinric
    I have a carrier gas furnace model 58DP100 . The fan runs continuously and the gas burners will not ignite ( the pilot is lit ) HELP .....please .
    You have a limit open more than likely. Check/Change your filter first. Check for 24 volts between the posts on the limit (small rectangle facing you on firewall of furnace with 2 wires coming out). Other limits may be open as well. You may be able to reset the limit, but you also need to correct the reason it tripped-it's a safety device. If you haven't had it looked at for a while by a tech, now would be the time to do so.
    billinric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Thanks for your help, it was a tripped limit, just not that particular one. We're warm and cozy again !
    Bill Cassidy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 01:04 PM
    Help just where is that limit switch located? I pressed the one on top of the furnace. Still no heat. Furnace was working until this weekend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace blower motor won't turn off [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Carrier central air and furnace(furnace model 58GS050-3), it was built around November, 1985. It has carrier air conditioner indoor cooling coils box model 28AC030-911 laid on top of the furnace. Everything was working until one week ago. Now with the thermostat off and the fan set to...

Oil furnace Blower runs no heat [ 9 Answers ]

I am having a intermintant problem with my furnace, I came home the blower was on no heat , I checked the themostat setting - ficked the service switch off and on a couple of times- burner started, I can hear the burner when it comes on, the furnace ran all day without problem I wake in the night...

Carrier furnace blower no shut off except power [ 3 Answers ]

I have a carrier furnace. The blower is not shutting off, even when the thermostat is set to off. Could it be the thermostat unit? The relay? The circuit board on the carrier? A fan switch somewhere? Where is the best place to start diagnosing this problem? And in what order should it be done? ...

Furnace runs but not blower on automatic [ 1 Answers ]

We have just started using the heat occasionally. The furnace is turning on with the thermostat set, but the blower isn't. If I put the blower to manual it turns on, but not in the auto setting. What do I need to do?

No heat, blower runs constantly, carrier gas furnace [ 7 Answers ]

This am we I got up the blower on my carrier series 100 gas furnace (approx 10 years old)was running and blowing out cold air. Even with the thermostat turned to off the blower runs constantly. The only way to stop the blower from running is to turn the switch on the side of the furnace to off or...

View more questions Search