Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mforan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Engagement Party
    My son has just announced he is getting married. They live in a different state and the parents plan on having an engagement party for them and we are planning a party
    In our state also. My husband does not want to attend the party for the brides family in another state because he feels it is the bride family and friends and we should not attend and he does not expect them to attend our party here when we have ours. What is the etiquette for engagement parties and guest.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 01:29 PM
    I would say if you lived near each other then yes I would say go. But since you live in a different state I would say you do not have to go and you can throw your own party. But I could be wrong I am not the best when it comes to such social things.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 14, 2008, 02:02 PM
    I agree with Spitvenom.

Engagement parties are nice but by no means necessary. If its difficult to travel, don't worry about going. Just nicely explain it to your son and don't worry too much about it. Once the bridal shower(s) and rehearsal dinner begin that is a different story.
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Jan 29, 2008, 11:08 AM
    If you can go, it would be a lovely gesture and the right thing to do in support of your child. If you can't go, it would be understandable. Just don't let on to anyone that you aren't "chosing" to go.
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2008, 08:28 PM
    My Parents are throwing my engagement party(in Missouri) and we made sure to have plenty of time to tell his family ( In Texas) so that they had the option to come. If his parents wernt coming and threw there own engagement party my family would be offended. Just saying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engagement Party Speech [ 1 Answers ]

My mom is throwing my fiancé and I an engagement party this weekend. We'd like to thank everyone for coming and being a part of the wedding, etc. etc. Does anyone have any good ideas for a toast to our guests? Also... we have been secretly house hunting and found a new house. Our families know but...

Engagement Party Invitation [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating a man for 2 years. He is divorced and his second wife, now divorced wife, is hosting an engagement party for their daughter. I have never met his ex-wife, but have met his daughter several times. Since I will be visiting him on the weekend of the party, his daughter invited me...

My Niece's Engagement Party [ 2 Answers ]

My niece has asked me to be the master of ceremonies at her egagement party. Could anyone with experience give me guidance or suggest an order of proceedings. Also some ideas to include in introduction/speeches. Thank you.:)

Engagement party [ 1 Answers ]

Does the groom have to make a speech at the engagement party?

Engagement Party Speech [ 2 Answers ]

Good Afternoon, I am the father of the bride and I need help with my engagement speech, I have about a month too think about my speech. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or previous speeches that they have used. Thank you for your help gyoder_1 :)

View more questions Search