Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    I_appreciate_him Posts: 11, Reputation: -1

Jan 14, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Family problems
    Well I'm having problems with my foster family...
    They assume that just because I ddont hang around them 24/7 that ik don't like them and I explain that there is no problem between me and them its between me and another child in the home... and I know if I go around her I will really hurt her reallt bad... I don't know what to do... can I get some advice
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 11:52 AM
    How old are you?

May I suggest that you talk to your assigned social worker regarding this issue.

Explain why you choose to dislike this girl and why you prefer to not be in her presence.

Talk to the social worker first, let her determine if this a situation that you need her assistance on. Contary to common thought, the social worker is thee to assist you.

Also, consider, that her world is just as much dislocated by your presence are you are with her's. See if you can get Step Mom, daughter and you together in a Priest's, Pastor's or Rabbi's office and talk this through.
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Jan 29, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Maybe find a way to spend time one on one with family members you do want to be with. When you are more comfortable, you can share why the other child makes you feel uncomfortable.

They are probably sensing something is wrong and are trying to support you by finding out, and they want to have a close relationship with you.

I'm sorry that you are in foster care and having these problems. Hang in there and keep an open heart, and lean on the people who have your best interests at heart. As for the other child, maybe get some advise on how to work things out with him/her from someone else and see if things can get better so you feel more comfortable with the family. Maybe you need to tell your foster parents what is bothering you so they can help, too.

Every problem has a solution - they aren't always easy to find and aren't always solutions you would have as your first choice, but do what you can - like getting help from the adults so you feel more comfortable - and then let things work out in time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Problems! [ 2 Answers ]

My grandma has an adopted 25 yrs old woman.. my grandma have been looking after her since she was a little girl.. and since then she has been creating many family problems.. I have been staying in Srilanka and I got bak here very recently.. and I go and stay in my grandma's house in every other...

Problems with family [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: OK I really need help I don't like living with my aunt or mom They sit there and drink too much I want to live with my boyfriend but my mom And aunt tell me that emancipation isn't aloud around Minnesota or anything I really need help I ran away and everything

Having family problems [ 1 Answers ]

This is how it starts. My brother and I was sexually abused by our Dad. I am now 40 years old and my brother is 41 almost 42.I came out with the abuse when I was 14 and told my mother. She didn't believe me and life went on as normal. I told my Mother that it was done to my brother as well. But he...

Family problems [ 3 Answers ]

Im 15 years old and am very mature for my age according to my mom and step dad. They will leave me home alone while they go for trips out of town and stuff knowing I won't throw a party or anything. But these past two years have been really hard on me. Ive hard two best friends move away. A close...

View more questions Search