Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Mar 18, 2006, 09:44 PM
    You know it's been soooo long and so much has happened on this thread now, but I guess they can still be called strange dream right? Lol. Chery even though your daughter isn't going to live with you that may all change in the blink of an eye. She may even decide not to wait for that blink. Until then we're here awaiting our "online mom" to knock some sense into us from time to time. I can't wait to tell you all that is happening while your gone for your sabatical. I don't think that it will only be me either. And on those late nights when you need someone well just remember we're here for you and we need you too.

And as for you chava... lol... keep dreaming about that house. Everything happens for a reason. You didn't really want to start a growth chart of the family on one of the walls in the kitchen just to have to move again in a few years as the family grows did you? As it is with a bigger house and a bigger dream it might be tough for a little while but you know all good things come to those who wait... on the other hand what's life if not for living.

I think we all need a purpose in life weither it be our children our significant others or our work. I say give it all a spot and a priority then you'll never run out of purposes. Always remember though without oneself one can't have a purpose and we need to take care of ourselves before we can care for anything else. Best wishes to the both of you. And as always keep us informed.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2006, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    You know it's been soooo long and so much has happened on this thread now, but I guess they can still be called strange dream right? Lol.
    Yeah I can't believe how long this thread has lasted. It started as a simple question on my part, and I haven't had those weird dreams for quite a while now. :p

And as for you chava... lol... keep dreaming about that house.
    Well it's not so bad, we will be getting another house, and a bigger one too, so I guess I should be happy. The insane part is, what I really liked about the little house is that it was yellow... I love yellow and I would live in a shack by the railway tracks as long as it was yellow LOL. I guess I will have to paint our new house yellow, once we find it!

I think we all need a purpose in life weither it be our children our significant others or our work. I say give it all a spot and a priority then you'll never run out of purposes. Always remember though without oneself one can't have a purpose and we need to take care of ourselves before we can care for anything else. Best wishes to the both of you. And as always keep us informed.
    Thanks, that's very good advice. I never thought a year ago that my purpose (for now at least) would be mother and zookeeper. But that's all right. So far I feel pretty happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Dear, just make sure that you don't stress yourself out. Don't be too proud to get help if you need it as you are in a delicate condition and I don't want anything happening to you. Everything will eventually fall into place, and you'll be just as happy in another home - it's the individuals in it that make a home what it is.
    Thanks Chery. I am trying to relax. Luckily I have a wonderful husband, who does things for me without my even having to ask (unlike a lot of my friends who have lazy husbands / boyfriends!). This morning he made breakfast for all of us, took the kids out tobagganing for the afternoon so I can rest, and is picking up take out for supper as well. I can't ask for anything more than that!

Once again, good luck with the hospital stay. Myth is right, things could change very quickly with your daughter. The situation with your ex sounds very complicated and confusing, so I agree it might be best to completely end it. You don't need the extra stress. Take care, I'm looking forward to hearing from you when you're back home again!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2006, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Thanks Chery. I am trying to relax. Luckily I have a wonderful husband, who does things for me without my even having to ask (unlike a lot of my friends who have lazy husbands / boyfriends!). This morning he made breakfast for all of us, took the kids out tobagganing for the afternoon so I can rest, and is picking up take out for supper as well. I can't ask for anything more than that!
    You'd better cherish that man! :D

Just wanted to pipe in because the wife that she had weird dreams too for both pregnancies. You're normal - in case you wanted to know. :)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 19, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Once again, good luck with the hospital stay. Myth is right, things could change very quickly with your daughter. The situation with your ex sounds very complicated and confusing, so I agree it might be best to completely end it. You don't need the extra stress. Take care, I'm looking forward to hearing from you when you're back home again!

You know it's been soooo long and so much has happened on this thread now, but I guess they can still be called strange dream right? Lol. Chery even though your daughter isn't going to live with you that may all change in the blink of an eye. She may even decide not to wait for that blink. Until then we're here awaiting our "online mom" to knock some sense into us from time to time. I can't wait to tell you all that is happening while your gone for your sabatical. I don't think that it will only be me either. And on those late nights when you need someone well just remember we're here for you and we need you too.

Thanks, both of you! I will keep you posted and I'm sure things will change for the better - I'm still the optimist, just very drained - health and energy-wise, so I really need to re cooperate.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Mar 23, 2006, 02:12 PM
    Pregnancy, hormones, anxiety, etc. can do some pretty strange things to us. I believe this includes our subconsious. I wouldn't be alarmed and I do believe this is normal. I would try to confront any anxieties or worries you might have and try to enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible. However, I know saying that to a pregnant person is like saying don't eat to a hungry person. I am not an expert but I am a mother of 5 who has read everyword written from trying to conceive to birth. Good luck.
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Mar 23, 2006, 03:23 PM
    I too had bad, crazy dreams when I was pregnant, like leaving the baby in his car seat on top of the car and driving away, or having a really ugly monster baby, or having a baby that came out as a toddler, hehehe! It's perfectly normal, dreams are funny like that sometimes. You are probably just having normal worries that every mother has before giving birth. Just try not to read anything into those dreams, they are just distorted thoughts running through your sub-conc.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2006, 02:00 AM
    Thanks so much aqua and cgirl. It's nice to hear from even more people that I'm normal. I'm actually not having the dreams anymore... they were worst during my first trimester, but they subsided shortly after I entered my second.
    Actually I haven't been thinking about my pregnancy and my baby boy much at all during the last couple of weeks, with everything else going on. I feel kind of guilty about that... but the past couple of weeks have been extremely stressful. Oh well I am thinking about him again now, I'm due mid-June so it's getting fairly close now. Thanks for all the reassurance. :)
    standingpretty Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 11:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Please tell me its normal to have weird ****ed up dreams when you're pregnant... I'm having all these dreams of blood and the baby being born dead and the baby screaming and reaching out to me, etc. Ugh. I had one last night that seemed to last the WHOLE night and it was really sick and disgusting. I had lots of nightmares before I was pregnant but nothing like these.

It sounds to me that you are overly worried and need to relax. I think things will go well for you if you just calm down, and try to meditate throughout the day. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dreams [ 6 Answers ]

I know that some people may not believe that a dream has any importance. For a lot of dreams maybe they do not. I do believe that possibility that every dream we have has some kind of meaning, whether it is trying to work out our daily troubles to actually letting us know of the future. Since...

Dreams [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Two years ago this month (November) I had a very close friend to die suddenly from a heart defect that she new nothing about. She left behind two small children and a husband. I often have dreams of her, and it is my understanding that when a loved one has passed on,that they will come to...

Disturbing Movie Haunting Me [ 9 Answers ]

I watched a documentary this weekend that I can't get loose from like a bad nightmare... called The Grizzly Man. It's the story of Tim Treadwell who was killed by a bear in Alaska in 2003. It was listed on my online dvd rental site and without looking too closely at the description, I sent for it....

Dreams [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal for pups to dream, cry out, and have her eyes wide open like she's scared? She's 9 weeks old and often "runs" in her sleep and makes noises, which is normal, she "sucks" as if she's nursing, which I also know is normal, but a couple of times it's as if she's afraid of something,...

View more questions Search