Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Strange, disturbing dreams
    Please tell me its normal to have weird ****ed up dreams when you're pregnant... I'm having all these dreams of blood and the baby being born dead and the baby screaming and reaching out to me, etc. Ugh. I had one last night that seemed to last the WHOLE night and it was really sick and disgusting. I had lots of nightmares before I was pregnant but nothing like these.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2006, 12:38 PM
    Dreams
    Ok, that one does sort of rank right up there with top strange dreams but we all have dreams that bother us. Often they have issues with something that is on our mind or subconscience. But can deal with something we have watched on TV and the such also.

I had a strange one last night, I woke up 4 times and the same dream continued each time I went back to sleep.

But we all have them and they can distrub us in their reality.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2006, 12:49 PM
    Thanks Fr Chuck! But is it because I'm pregnant? That's what I'm wondering. I've never this kind of dream before.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 6, 2006, 06:23 PM
    Are you worried about the baby? Are you under a lot of stress?
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2006, 06:46 PM
    I wouldn't say I was under a lot of stress, but I am worried about a miscarriage. I have endometriosis and the doctors had told me I could never conceive. So in a way this kind of a miracle baby and I really don't want to lose it.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 6, 2006, 06:57 PM
    And there you go. Stop worrying. The baby will be fine. I will pray for you. So there.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Okay crankiebabie... thanks so much! :)
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Jan 7, 2006, 07:19 PM
    My sister is eight months pregnant and she has nightmares about losing her baby a lot too. Like you, she's having a "miracle baby" so it is probably related to all the stress.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2006, 08:29 PM
    That's good to know... thanks very much! :)
    cfablemaster Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Jan 7, 2006, 09:25 PM
    Pray to god
    Pray to god that the baby turns out all right. And no matter what you do always say to yourself "he will be alright".(sigh) (thinking)"i wonder y i even bother no1 will comment or even pay attention to my posts"(thinking stops)
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Jan 7, 2006, 10:47 PM
    That's not true... I've read two of your posts in the last couple of minutes and I think that they are very heartfelt...
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2006, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cfablemaster
    pray to god that the baby turns out alright. and no matter wat u do always say to urself "he will be alright".(sigh) (thinking)"i wonder y i even bother no1 will comment or even pay attention to my posts"(thinking stops)
    You've only been here for a few days, true? I didn't receive any of the boxed comments on my posts until I posted about 100 times or so, and I'd been active a month at least by that point. And as you notice from this thread, I haven't left anyone a boxed comment here. I've said "thanks for your help" to everyone but no comments. I don't really know how to explain when and why I or others leave one of those boxed comments, but I think it's when the answer really stands out from the others and strikes a cord with me, makes perfect sense, etc. And anyway the main reason to post here is not to get comments but to help people!

And for the record, your responses are good... there's nothing wrong with them. If people don't respond immediately, it means they either haven't seen the comment or they aren't online.

:D As you can see I left you a boxed comment just so that you have one. But really they aren't THAT important... I'm happy when people just respond to my posts, personally.
    daehnolem Posts: 61, Reputation: 12

Jan 8, 2006, 08:52 PM
    I've never been pregnant (but I'm currently trying to conceive :D), but I come from a very big family with lots of women. We all have crazy dreams anyway, but my sisters and my mom have had particularly weird dreams while pregnant. I'm not an expert, but if you're really anxious about something, it's bound to manifest itself in some way, I guess, as a way to relieve some of the stress from your subconscious. Unfortunately, when dreams are brought on by anxiety, rarely do they ever relieve any kind of stress. Mostly, it just intensifies your fears. It's common, even with a normal pregnancy, to have anxiety about the well being of the baby. As disturbing as your dreams are, given your situation, they're normal. Maybe you can do something that engages your mind before going to bed. Watch a movie or read a book. Do something that you can think about while falling asleep. Maybe you can trick your brain into being preoccupied with something else. But most of all, you have to calm your fears as much as you can. Stress can do terrible things to a pregnant body, as well as a non pregnant one. And don't stress out about being too stressed out either. Pet your dog or your cat and forget about everything else several times a day. It would be wise also to develop good relaxation techniques. I wish you the best, and I'm sure your baby will be healthy! My sister also struggled with reproductive issues before giving birth to her first child. Good luck!

-B
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2006, 10:24 PM
    Thanks so much daehnolem. It's good to hear that other women have had weird dreams too. I guess I am more stressed than I realized. You don't know my background, but the doctors had told me when I was 17 that I could never have children. So I never expected to have any. I never used "protection" with my fiancé for the same reason, haha. We were planning to adopt. Then just before the holidays I found out I was pregnant! Total shock. I'm almost 14 weeks now. I'm getting married on January 23 too, so this is a big few weeks for me! Thanks for sharing. :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2006, 03:26 AM
    Dreams are influenced by hormones. Yes, your dreams are influenced by pregnancy and yes it is normal to have ****ed up dreams when you are pregnant. During pregnancy you will have wild dreams and wonder why your having them and get freaked out by some of them but please do not worry about them. The hormones are all going wild which intern does effect the chemicals in the brain which makes your dreams so real and sensitive right now. Just try not letting them bother you, do not dwell on them and remind yourself it is just a dream.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 10:01 AM
    Oh thanks Joe... I didn't realize that about the hormones! I'm glad that it's normal. :)
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jan 10, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Weird dreams
    When I was pregnant with my youngest. *now three* I watched both of my girls get run over by a public bus that I was on. The bus driver wouldn't stop and I was screaming and hitting him. I could see people rushing to help my girls but I wasn't able to. I vaughly remember the bus driver saying something about having to stay on schedule and couldn't stop cause of one person... I woke up screaming and looking for my oldest to make sure she was OK... I was about seven months pregnant at the time. It's weird cause my youngest looks just like she did in my dream... I figured it was just the hormones acting up and I was starting to worry about when the baby would come. Just try and relax and think about when the baby gets there and not weather she'll make it or not.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 07:26 AM
    It is just stress, and the fact you keep mulling over in the back of your mind - I don't want to lose my baby!

Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. The baby will be fine. Even more so, if you are not happy talk to your mid-wife about the dreams and your concerns, I am sure she will put you on the right track and lay your mind to rest!!
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Thanks Myth and DJ... actually I never thought of mentioning it to my midwife... good idea DJ! Thanks so much!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 13, 2006, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Please tell me its normal to have weird ****ed up dreams when you're pregnant... I'm having all these dreams of blood and the baby being born dead and the baby screaming and reaching out to me, etc. Ugh. I had one last night that seemed to last the WHOLE night and it was really sick and disgusting. I had lots of nightmares before I was pregnant but nothing like these.
    Dear Orange, when I was pregnant I also had dreams, crazy ones, due to fear. Since I was born with a heart failure, I was told never to get pregnant and that it was going to be either me or the baby that would be lost - well my daughter is 29 and I'm still here! - As long as you stay away from dangerous chemicals that might harm the baby, and you stick to a good diet, exercise, and if you have to, get rest in the daytime and work a little at night and keep on rubbing the tummy and having good thoughts, also listening to nice music (which babies love), and light a scented candle now and then to get good vibes - all the positive things that you can think of, you should be OK. I hope you told the doctor about these nightmares and that you got reassurance that health and development-wise everything is OK, then you can believe the professionals. There is so much new technology now that you should not worry - that's negative for you and the baby, so keep that in mind and keep us posted. I certainly wish you all the best and send you lots of warm hugs.

Don't work too much, and I can wait till your baby is here for the project we talked about. You need to think about you and the baby first, customers and work later, OK?

Think positive. Dark blue candles are for serenity and white are for extra energy for the soul, try them, they can't hurt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dreams [ 6 Answers ]

I know that some people may not believe that a dream has any importance. For a lot of dreams maybe they do not. I do believe that possibility that every dream we have has some kind of meaning, whether it is trying to work out our daily troubles to actually letting us know of the future. Since...

Dreams [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Two years ago this month (November) I had a very close friend to die suddenly from a heart defect that she new nothing about. She left behind two small children and a husband. I often have dreams of her, and it is my understanding that when a loved one has passed on,that they will come to...

Disturbing Movie Haunting Me [ 9 Answers ]

I watched a documentary this weekend that I can't get loose from like a bad nightmare... called The Grizzly Man. It's the story of Tim Treadwell who was killed by a bear in Alaska in 2003. It was listed on my online dvd rental site and without looking too closely at the description, I sent for it....

Dreams [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal for pups to dream, cry out, and have her eyes wide open like she's scared? She's 9 weeks old and often "runs" in her sleep and makes noises, which is normal, she "sucks" as if she's nursing, which I also know is normal, but a couple of times it's as if she's afraid of something,...

View more questions Search