Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2006, 10:06 PM
    Actually yeah if it's anything like Northern California, I think I would probably love it. I'm sucker for nature, big trees, the ocean, etc... maybe I'll ask him to take me there after all. :) Just don't want to get sick!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 5, 2006, 02:03 AM
    Hi girls, I know this is not the right thread, but I wanted to share this with the two of you (orange and myth)!

This was done on 2 Feb and you can see the cute little 'footzers' already.

A happy grandma who wanted to share...
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Cool! Thanks for sharing, Chery! Actually I have one too, maybe I should put it up at some point. :)
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Feb 5, 2006, 10:07 PM
    That's beautiful chery. My first dr apt is this wed. I'm tired of waiting. But since I have to work well the time will fly. As for the dreams well they do get worse and highly graphic during pregnant. I think that you might be afraid of miscarriage by the sounds of it. Though I don't truly know. These type of dreams are very normal however. It's our bodies way of dealing with the stress we don't voice to anyone because we're afraid of the criticism. I don't me to myself... I just realised that's what it sounded like... lol... I hope this helps... orange you should tell him that you want to go to the depo bay aquariam... that's where keiko lived when he was in Oregon.(the orca) tell him to drive u.s. 101 all the way down and you'll stay coast side the whole time and it's a beautiful drive without even entering the valley. Very senic
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Feb 6, 2006, 04:59 AM
    How wonderful chery, That was always one of my favorite parts about pregancy, the sonogram pictures. It always made it a little more real for me. You must have double the excitement. Thanks for sharing it with us
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2006, 12:02 PM
    Well, we are back home, early! Alex still wasn't getting much better with his flu, and I think I have a sinus infection now too, so we came home. I'm not too disappointed though. We can go on another trip in a few months. And anyway I'm excited, because we are buying a house! I'm driving Alex crazy because I'm already looking through the MLS listings online, haha, and I keep telling him all the details of each house in our price range, while he's trying to rest. I'm practically manic about it. Maybe it's because I've never had my own house before... even as a kid I was always either in foster care or my biological mom and I were renting. And anyway I want to start decorating the baby's room... and the rest of the new house, too. So it's all very exciting... my VERY OWN PLACE! Woooo!

Myth I saved the info you gave me about the aquarium and how to get there, etc. It sounds really nice. Hopefully on our next trip we can go there. Alex is saying possibly late April or early May. I imagine it's beautiful then. :)
    cazed23 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 08:27 AM
    When you dream it does tend to be about the last thing you thought about or fears and concerns you may have. I had my first last year and I did have strange dreams about the baby (not quite as gory as yours) I still have my pregnancy book and under the sleep section it reads... "Some women have strange dreams or nightmares about the baby or the birth, this is quite normal due to the increasing hormonal embalance. Talking about them will help you."
    So it may seem horrible but your normal and it should calm down once those hormones sort themselves out.
    Good luck and Take care of yourself.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Thanks cazed! Actually I don't have the dreams anymore... this thread, although very active, is over a month old now. I think I am out of the stage of worrying about miscarrying, since I'm now past the really "dangerous" stage in the pregnancy, and that's why the dreams have ceased. Plus what you said about hormones is likely true too. My body has adjusted somewhat to the pregnancy and I'm feeling a lot better overall. :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 11, 2006, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Well, we are back home, early! Alex still wasn't getting much better with his flu, and I think I have a sinus infection now too, so we came home. I'm not too disappointed though. We can go on another trip in a few months. And anyways I'm excited, because we are buying a house! I'm driving Alex crazy because I'm already looking through the MLS listings online, haha, and I keep telling him all the details of each house in our price range, while he's trying to rest. I'm practically manic about it. Maybe it's because I've never had my own house before... even as a kid I was always either in foster care or my biological mom and I were renting. And anyways I want to start decorating the baby's room... and the rest of the new house, too. So it's all very exciting... my VERY OWN PLACE!! Woooo!!

Myth I saved the info you gave me about the aquarium and how to get there, etc. It sounds really nice. Hopefully on our next trip we can go there. Alex is saying possibly late April or early May. I imagine it's beautiful then. :)
    Hi dear, welcome back. If your sinuses are not getting better yet, try horseraddish. A spoonful will clear them and make your eyes tear, but it's safer than some of the medications they have out there. I'ts worked for me and my brother who has hayfever, for years and at first he didn't believe me, but now he swears by it. The sprays and drops only decrease your mucous lining and you don't want that. Good luck and good health to all of you. And happy house-hunting! Send us a pic once you've made your choice.

Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2006, 11:49 AM
    OH thanks so much about the horseradish tip, Chery! I had posted a question about natural cures for sinus infections in the Alternative Medicine forum a few days back and never got a response! I will definitely try that... and I love red horseradish! If I eat that for my sinuses it can be Passover all year long! :)

And yes great idea about posting the house... will do! AND I also have to put up one of my sonogram pics too. I love that this thread has turned into picture and news sharing... keep sharing about your daughter, too! :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 16, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Sure will dear, and hope the horseradish works for you. The jerk changed his mind and wants out of the relationship, after it was too late to abort (but she would not have done that anyway). So, now that I'm back out of the hospital, and getting better, we are looking for a new place to live, so that I can take care of her and the baby and let her continue with her career. One positive thing about Germany is that the state will financially support her with the baby and also collect child support no matter where he is for at least eight years. I raised her myself too, so I'm sure we'll do just fine somehow.
    I will continue to post the sonograms and hope to see one of your's soon. It's hard to find a place when you have pets around where we live, and this past week after coming home from the hospital, was more stressfull due to the shock my daughter went through - it was more like a stab in the heart - but she's recovering now and the doctor and I are making sure that she is not going to give up. There is a lot of crying and regrets at present, but that soon will pass and then life must go on.

Tell Alex that I hope his flu is better and that you have time to look forward to a nice springtime.

We will certainly do our best, and you know that I will probably use you as a sounding board for my woes and hope you'll have that 'internet shoulder' available for me.

Thanks dear,

Love, Chery
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Oh I didn't know you were in the hospital, Chery! Was that recent? Are you okay? Is that why I haven't seen you online much? Sorry for all the questions, LOL.

So sorry to hear about the situation with your daughter and her boyfriend. That is really tough... I can't imagine having to deal with a break up on top of everything else right now. It's good that she has you, though, and that the state will help with the child. That's really fortunate! I hope you find a good place to live! How many pets do you have? We have one dog and one cat, and I don't think I could stand anymore at this point, especially with the baby coming soon, haha! I have to do most of the care of the animals, as Alex is away for long hours. I have to give him credit though, he does help out when he's here, which actually really surprises (but pleases!) me!

The horseradish is really working! I'm feeling a lot better! The sinus tries to come back, but then I just take more horseradish and it goes away again! :) Alex is feeling better too, at least physically. Mentally he is annoyed because he forgot to plug in the car yesterday (plugging in the car is something you REALLY need to do in Canada in the winter, or else the car dies), and it wouldn't start, and in spite of getting a boost this morning it still won't start, so now we're thinking we may need a new car. This beast is fairly old. We've had extremely cold weather the last couple of days... it went down to
    -46 last night, with the wind chill! I've been hiding inside, but poor Alex has to go to work, so he's been taking a cab.

On the upside, we found a house! It's small, only 2 bedrooms, but it's good enough for now, within our budget, and it's in very nice shape, has all hardwood floors, new paint and roof, and central air conditioning for summer, and a beautiful large yard. I've posted the realtor's summer pic of it for you to look at. We take possession March 15, so there's more moving for us in the near future!

Anyway keep letting me know how things are going, I hope you find a nice place to live soon! :)
    Attached Images

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 22, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Oh, Orange, that house is so cute! I'm so excited for you and know that you will have fun decorating and getting it ready for the baby. I remember having to plug the car in to keep it warm in Alaska.

My daughter is feeling better as she was with me for a week and we just had to face a lot of what if's and alternatives and had long talks. She is getting a lot of support from her boss and fellow workers too, and she is back at work enjoying it.

It may sound selfish, but I'm glad that we are going to live together again and can't wait to take care of my grandchild when it gets here, due on 7 August. We will make it and have friends that will help us both move. We each have a cat, I posted Simba's picture and my cat Larry is still my avatar. They are our main men and so loving that we are not willing to give them up, so we might have to take a place we don't really want at first, but will keep on looking and might move again after the baby is here. Right now, Jaime needs a steady routine at home so that she can relax after work and not need to keep house too - that's where I'll come in. And she has said it's safer to have me take care of the baby than a stranger - too many wierdos out there these days.

Medically, I'm doing as well as can be, thanks for asking. My heart did not like the past week's stress much though, but it's OK and I'm on good medications. For some reason, now that I have a purpose again, I seem to be taking better care of myself and feeling the change and anticipation.

We sure will keep in touch and am glad that Alex is healthier too.
    Take care and take it slow - don't lift heavy stuff and just enjoy!

Love, Chery

Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Wow, Chery, I'm impressed that you actually knew what plugging in the car was, haha! Usually I have to go into a rather longish explanation.

I'm glad things are a little better for you and your daughter. I didn't notice this post until today, but you posted it a while back, so I'm hoping that the two of you have already found a place to live. And yes a baby on the way is a really great incentive to live healthier and take care of yourself... I know it's been that way for me! Please keep me informed as to how things are going.

Alex and I are doing great. We are busy getting ready for the move. We'll also need to buy some furniture after we move in, so that will be exciting. And yeah don't worry, I'm not moving anything heavy... Alex, his dad, and the movers will be doing all of that!

Take care!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2006, 09:06 AM
    Hi orange. To make a long story short - she's staying with him, he talked her into it, and does seem serious about it. He has a few problems he needs to tackle and I hope they work out.

She is aware though, that a breakup in the future is possible and is armed against it. She feels that if it works, fine - and if not, she'll go on with her life as many other women are forced to. She does have a level head on her shoulder and I do trust her choices.

It just hurts me that I now will be alone again, and this is what I hate most, but will have to tolerate no matter what comes along.

I will survive this and as long as my 'baby' and I are close and I'm still part of her life, I cannot ask for more. It did cost me a lot of mental and physical energy and I don't think I can go a second round - I told her this and she told me she has to fight her own battles and that she had a good teacher in me.

Nevertheless, it's hard to be alone - loneliness is not one of my fun things in life, but as I said, I'll survive- always have somehow.

Hope all is well with you and yours and an sure that we will keep each other posted.

Lots of love, and thanks for your wishes for our well-being.

Love,

Chery
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2006, 10:25 AM
    Oh I'm very sorry to hear that, Chery. I knew you were looking forward to living with your daughter and the baby. I hope where you're living now is not too far away so that you will be able to visit whenever you want.

Lonliness is a really hard thing to deal with. You can always come on here of course, but it would be nice if you could be face to face with people. Do have friends, other family, a club or a support group of some kind? I feel really bad for you and I hate to think you might be really lonely, especially considering all the great help you've offered people on the board.

Take care and keep me updated!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2006, 12:12 PM
    Unfortunately, with my disability, it's hard for me to leave the house without someone being with me and I don't drive anymore. My daughter lives in the next town, and she does come visit and takes me to her place, but I really don't want to infringe in 'his' space right now, so there you go.

My b/f lives upstairs, but it's cooled off due to my care and concern over my daughter and not wanting to spend time with him because of the energy drain lately - so, you see, typically he want's to be number one, and I'm not ready to act as if nothing has happened and go into the same routine and rut I was planing to get out of in the first place.

I need a purpose, and that was taken from me, so now I need to gather myself some new energy to take care of ME first.

Thanks so much for caring, and I know that you are part of a great family that I can turn to - this conforts me a lot.

Hope you enjoy furniture hunting as much as I did. It was so much fun just thinking of all the decorations and quilts that I could make while waiting for my baby. Now, I need to unpack my hobbie stuff and start thinking of what to make for my grandchild - that's something at least.

Again, wishing you all the best, and lots of fun!
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 10:25 AM
    It's a good point, to take care of yourself first! Still, I hope to you get to see lots of your daughter and the baby when it comes. And hopefully you and your boyfriend can get back together a bit, if you want to, that is. Keep me updated either way, I'm always interested!

We have just a week now until our move. Everything's been completed except buying the furniture. We're probably going to go out looking for the mjor pieces we need this weekend, and then have the stores deliver them the same day as the move. It's going to be really hectic!

Anyway, take care and keep in touch!
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Well, speaking of the move, a lot has gone down since then, so we are not moving to that cute little house as was originally planned. I'm kind of sad because I really liked that house, but it's just too small. When we fly back home tonight, we are going back to my adoptive parents' large house (they are still away until May 1), and then quickly looking for a new bigger house to move into. The chaos never stops!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 18, 2006, 02:00 PM
    Dear, just make sure that you don't stress yourself out. Don't be too proud to get help if you need it as you are in a delicate condition and I don't want anything happening to you. Everything will eventually fall into place, and you'll be just as happy in another home - it's the individuals in it that make a home what it is.

When I come back, I plan on renovating this place to change it so that it will not make me think of the bad and sad days here - and I'll make it OK, with my cat Larry and my friends who will come to visit.

I do have friends, but they have lives to live and the nights get bad, that's why I'm on the net most of the time.

I do plan on breaking with my b/f - he's too stressfull for me and I want some peace and joy with my daughter and her baby. I have not told him yet - will when I get back - then I'll move my stuff out of his place and tell him we will have to keep it on a friendship basis, or not at all anymore. The situation is a little complicated - my daughter is still married to his son, so we are kind of related by marriage, and his son also lives in this house now. He's supportive of me (the son) and will also help me with the renovation of the place that I rent from him. So, you see, it's kind of a 'family situation' and makes it hard to be angry and aggressive - which I should have been for months now, but I'll manage - especially after a break in the hospital. My son-in-law is even taking care of my cat while I'm in hospital, and checking my mail and bringing it to me.

So, remember to relax and let Alex do most of the stressfull stuff, and you just take care of the kids and yourself.

Will contact you when I get back, until then, lot of love and hugs!

Chery

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dreams [ 6 Answers ]

I know that some people may not believe that a dream has any importance. For a lot of dreams maybe they do not. I do believe that possibility that every dream we have has some kind of meaning, whether it is trying to work out our daily troubles to actually letting us know of the future. Since...

Dreams [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Two years ago this month (November) I had a very close friend to die suddenly from a heart defect that she new nothing about. She left behind two small children and a husband. I often have dreams of her, and it is my understanding that when a loved one has passed on,that they will come to...

Disturbing Movie Haunting Me [ 9 Answers ]

I watched a documentary this weekend that I can't get loose from like a bad nightmare... called The Grizzly Man. It's the story of Tim Treadwell who was killed by a bear in Alaska in 2003. It was listed on my online dvd rental site and without looking too closely at the description, I sent for it....

Dreams [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal for pups to dream, cry out, and have her eyes wide open like she's scared? She's 9 weeks old and often "runs" in her sleep and makes noises, which is normal, she "sucks" as if she's nursing, which I also know is normal, but a couple of times it's as if she's afraid of something,...

View more questions Search