Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 14, 2006, 07:34 AM
    Hey Orange, I think it maybe due to the stress and worry that you are having about the baby and miscarrige. It is perfectly natural to have these dreams in times of stress and worry. Its how your subconcieus deals with these fears that your conscious mind can't, I actually read somewhere that even though dreams like thse can seem bothersome and may frighten you into thinking something is really wrong, its really just your mind letting go of all the stress your expirencing in your waking hours. I kind of looked at it as your body gives you abrek not only physically but mentally while your sleeping if you didn't you'd go crazy.

I know its easier said than done but try not to let what "could" happen with the baby bother you too much. As long as your doctor feels at this time that there is no real cause for concern then try to focus on the normal good things about carrying that little bundle of joy. I would also loook at finding things that are normal stress relievers for you. Like a bath, go for a walk, anything that will lessen the stress or worry about the baby. Ill pray for you too, Im sure the baby will be fine.:)
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Thanks Myth and DJ... actually I never thought of mentioning it to my midwife... good idea DJ! Thanks so much!
    No worries - any time :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2006, 10:13 AM
    I still believe it is very normal to have very weird and scary dreams during pregnancy I heard it is very common because of the changes in hormones.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    I still believe it is very normal to have very wierd and scary dreams during pregnancy I heard it is very common because of the changes in hormones.
    Learn something new everyday :)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 16, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 'H'
    Learn something new everyday :)
    A few decades ago, the main worry was Sudden Infant Death and we worried about that. Now, there is worldwide terrorism, inflation, unemployment, flus and viruses of all types and it's only natural that when you're expecting a new family member, you start worrying about it's future and the way things might be for them while growing up. There just is so much uncertainty now that it is normal and natural for any mother, anywhere to worry. I'm going to become a grandmother and am worried sick about the poor baby's future, but also excited, even though there is nothing I can do about it one way or the other - we all just have to hope for the best. Can you imagine what women in war-zones thought while pregnant? It's rough out there, but we can't stop having children or the human race will become extinct - and this certainly will not help either. The best thing to do is to admit your fears, let them out and talk about them and above all try not to be stressed out every day. Wishing every expecting mom the best and hope all of our future children have a chance.

Chery
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 11:38 AM
    Chery, DJ, bizygirl, Jesushelper, Myth and everyone else... thanks so much for all your replies and advice. I never imagined I would get so many responses to this question! Luckily the dreams have stopped, perhaps because my wedding is tomorrow and I have been concentrating on that lately... who knows. Anyway as I am now getting out of the really *dangerous* time for having a miscarriage, I'm feeling a lot less nervous. And Jesushelper the hormone thing is interesting to know... thanks. I will have to do some research on that after I get back from my honeymoon! :)

I'm answering posts and sending a few PMs today, and then I'll likely be gone again for a couple of weeks. We are taking the laptop with internet access on our honeymoon, but mostly just for sending photos... I hope I won't be on here much!! :D

Anyway take care guys and thanks again!

Jan 22, 2006, 12:52 PM
    Orange first I want to wish you good luck on your wedding. Im very happy for you. We will miss you for a few weeks, but you'll come back as a married woman and break all the single men's hearts here on the bored,lol!!
    Im so happy that you made it through the crucial part in the pregnancy all woman give a little prayer and a sigh of relief when that happens. NOw you get to look forward to feeling the baby kicking (that was always my favorite part about being pregnant) and maybe with less enthusiasm, growing bigger and swollen ankles,lol! Good luck sweetie, Ill be thinking about you.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 01:05 PM
    Thanks so much bizygurl... I am very happy too and looking forward to a good pregnancy. My biological mother's pregnancy with me was very easy apparently, so I hope some genetics comes into play! I haven't had any morning sickness or food cravings yet, just have been feeling a bit emotional. But that could be related to a lot of things. I start seeing my midwife on a regular basis after the honeymoon and I'm really going to make use of her as far as asking for advice, etc. I see my doctor regularly too of course, but the midwife has a lot more time for me.

I have to share a sad but somewhat hopeful story with you... a friend of mine was 6 months pregnant, first baby after trying so hard to conceive... and a couple of weeks back she became very ill with pre-emclampsia and was rushed to hospital. The doctors had to remove the baby at once! My friend was in hysterics. Anyway her son survived, and he is only 2 pounds, 7 ounces. He is in an incubator of course, and will likely be there for a long time, but he's still alive, so that's quite a miracle. I wish my friend all the best and would appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers for the health of her tiny son. :)

Jan 22, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Of course Ill keep your friend and her family in my prayers. How scarey that can be. If its any consolation to your friend, my second daughter was born at 30 weeks gestation and weighed in at only 3lbs. It was the most horrible thing to date that I had ver gone through. My due date was September 12th in 2002 and she was born July 9th. I had a leep done a year before I had gotten pregnat(surgery on my cervix) which ende up making my cervix "incompatant) as they called it. But never told me to not have another child. Anyway on July 4th of 2002 my water broke at a babeque and I ende up having her Five days later in the hospital. They determined that my cervix wasn't strong enough to carry another pregnancy to term. But they never told me that, if I had known I woulf have wanted to be put on bed rest. It was crazy. My daughter stayed until the end of August when she was six pounds. She didn't have too mcuh trouble in the hospital but had a sever lung infection whaen she was born. Now she's three and a half and the only thing that she is having trouble with is her speech and social development. She maybe three but has the mentallity of a two year old which is normal. But she already is doing much better. Im sure your friend's doctor had told her that her son will have some delays, and they aren't that big of a deal. They do catch up. But other than that she is a happy healthy kid. And if delays were the only thing to worry about then I find myself blessed.
    Im sure your friend's baby will do just fine. They are small and fragile but man are they tough. Let me know how everything goes with her baby.
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 01:24 PM
    Oh that's great bizygurl. I'll let my friend know how well your daughter is doing. :)

Jan 22, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Im glad that you will tell her. When this happened to me it was such a scarey time, because you really don't know what to expect, but I found that when other parents told me what they have been through it made me feel much better. And let your friend know that if her son does expirence any delays in any area of his development, there are plenty of programs that will work with her and her son in order to give him the best start possible. Hope everything works out.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 22, 2006, 02:21 PM
    Chery, DJ, bizygirl, Jesushelper, Myth and everyone else... thanks so much for all your replies and advice. I never imagined I would get so many responses to this question! Luckily the dreams have stopped, perhaps because my wedding is tomorrow and I have been concentrating on that lately... who knows. Anyways as I am now getting out of the really *dangerous* time for having a miscarriage, I'm feeling a lot less nervous. And Jesushelper the hormone thing is interesting to know... thanks. I will have to do some research on that after I get back from my honeymoon! :)

I'm answering posts and sending a few PMs today, and then I'll likely be gone again for a couple of weeks. We are taking the laptop with internet access on our honeymoon, but mostly just for sending photos... I hope I won't be on here much!!! :D

Anyways take care guys and thanks again!
    Congrats, and by all means enjoy your honeymoon - I'm sure we will all understand if we don't hear from you for a while!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 22, 2006, 02:36 PM
    Thanks so much bizygurl... I am very happy too and looking forward to a good pregnancy. My biological mother's pregnancy with me was very easy apparently, so I hope some genetics comes into play! I haven't had any morning sickness or food cravings yet, just have been feeling a bit emotional. But that could be related to a lot of things. I start seeing my midwife on a regular basis after the honeymoon and I'm really going to make use of her as far as asking for advice, etc. I see my doctor regularly too of course, but the midwife has a lot more time for me.

I have to share a sad but somewhat hopeful story with you... a friend of mine was 6 months pregnant, first baby after trying so hard to conceive... and a couple of weeks back she became very ill with pre-emclampsia and was rushed to hospital. The doctors had to remove the baby at once! My friend was in hysterics. Anyways her son survived, and he is only 2 pounds, 7 ounces. He is in an incubator of course, and will likely be there for a long time, but he's still alive, so that's quite a miracle. I wish my friend all the best and would appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers for the health of her tiny son. :)
    Thank goodness that premies have a better chance in the world now due to the modern technology available. Even though military doctors usually take care of soldiers during war-time, a lot of them are responsible for these new techniques and a few military NICUs have the best survival rate in the world. So, if you ladies ever get a doctor that retired from the military, you can be certain that you are in good hands. Some of these people are even famous in the private sectors throughout the US now and I'm proud to know most of them.
    As a matter of interest the first OB/GYN doctor I worked with and for was a Captain in Japan and brought my brothers into the world. Years later, he was a Colonel, chief of the clinic and wrote several books on new techniques that kept ladies from having early labor. He and his wife were not able to have any children of their own, but they adopted five children too. My thoughts are also with your friend and her baby - please pass on our best wishes.
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2006, 11:29 AM
    Oh thanks Chery... I didn't realize you had also replied! Then again, I've been away on my honeymoon... I am still on it, sort of. Alex is sick, and he doesn't want to see me until he's better, since I'm pregnant and he's afraid he'll give me his flu. So he's staying in a hotel room by himself, and I am staying with my adoptive parents. I'm having a great time though LOL. They live a block from the ocean and my "dad" and I go for walks every day, I sketch and he takes photographs. The weather is great 8 degrees Celsius, which is about 46 fahrenheit, which is phenomenal for Canada! I'm on Vancouver Island. Anyway I hope Alex gets better soon because we were going to Seattle! Well and also I just want to be with him again! :p

I have a bit of an update on little Aidan (that's his name)... he's still in the ICU obviously, but he has gained some weight and my friend has been able to hold him. He seems to be doing as well as can be expected. Thanks for all your encouragement. My friend says thanks too... gave her the link to the thread so she could read it. I see she hasn't replied at all, but she's quite computer illiterate LOL. Anyway she appreciates the responses, as do I.

Feb 1, 2006, 12:59 PM
    Im so happy that "Aiden" is doiing well. I kneww he would. Im glad your friend found some comfort and encouragement in the thread. Tell her good luck and hang in there. You too, Orange.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 3, 2006, 09:20 AM
    You get the Vitamins and I'll send the good vibes so that you and Alex can get together again soon. Now, go back and enjoy yourself - that's an order!

Still having fingers crossed for Aiden.

Love, Chery
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2006, 11:02 AM
    Thanks! Alex is still a bit sick, but we are planning on getting together again on Sunday. That will leave us only 4 more days left of our honeymoon, but Alex is going to see if he can extend his leave slightly. Cross your fingers! :D
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Feb 3, 2006, 08:37 PM
    Flu runs rampid in the pacific northwest this time of year. I used to live in Oregon smack dab in the middle of the valley. The indians that were indiginous to that area called it the valley of sickness because of the flus in the winter and the hayfever in the spring and fall... everything gets trapped in the valley. Good luck and good vibes for little "aiden". I've seen babies thrive that we're much worse of than he is. They may be little but sometimes their wills are stronger than ours
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2006, 08:55 PM
    The valley of sickness?? Ewwww... Remind me not to ask Alex to take me to Oregon next week. Yeeesh LOL.

Thanks for the wishes for Aidan. It seems he's doing very well now! :)
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Feb 3, 2006, 09:52 PM
    Lol... I would rather have you go... it's so beautiful there. I miss the hiking a lot... not much hiking in Tennessee... lol. I think you would probably like it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dreams [ 6 Answers ]

I know that some people may not believe that a dream has any importance. For a lot of dreams maybe they do not. I do believe that possibility that every dream we have has some kind of meaning, whether it is trying to work out our daily troubles to actually letting us know of the future. Since...

Dreams [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Two years ago this month (November) I had a very close friend to die suddenly from a heart defect that she new nothing about. She left behind two small children and a husband. I often have dreams of her, and it is my understanding that when a loved one has passed on,that they will come to...

Disturbing Movie Haunting Me [ 9 Answers ]

I watched a documentary this weekend that I can't get loose from like a bad nightmare... called The Grizzly Man. It's the story of Tim Treadwell who was killed by a bear in Alaska in 2003. It was listed on my online dvd rental site and without looking too closely at the description, I sent for it....

Dreams [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal for pups to dream, cry out, and have her eyes wide open like she's scared? She's 9 weeks old and often "runs" in her sleep and makes noises, which is normal, she "sucks" as if she's nursing, which I also know is normal, but a couple of times it's as if she's afraid of something,...

View more questions Search