Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    L2garner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2006, 09:18 AM
    2 dry
    I want 2 know of a cure for excessively dry skin. I use everything but nothing helps. Are there any sugestions.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2006, 07:04 AM
    Dry Skin
    Hi,
    I am not a doctor, but do suggest seeing a Dermotologist. Maybe some Professional advice could help with this dry skin issue.
    I do know that replacing the natural oils in the skin can't be done. There are many products on the market, so many in fact, that it's hard to know what to try. They only "cover" the skin, but really can't replace oils.
    One of the best is "light" mineral oil. After taking a bath or shower, gently rub some light mineral oil all over, then "dry" with a towel. The skin will feel better, but even that doesn't replace the natural oils. Light Mineral Oil is the closest thing to the natural oils.
    I do wish you the best, and for a "peace of mind", please make an appointment with a doctor or Dermotologist.
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Jan 7, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Many dermatologists recommend Eucerin or Aquaphor for extra dry skin. Also Aveeno for daily moisturizing.

Pure Shea Butter is very rich and helps.
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Jan 12, 2006, 06:36 AM
    One trick to beat out the dryness would be to apply lotion then top it off with a body oil. It has done it for me.
    white_bod Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 06:36 AM
    You can apply body oil or virgin coconut oil before you apply lotion
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2006, 06:44 AM
    E45 cream. Me and my whole family use it and it works wonders. It's reasonbly priced and accessible to all.

Try here: http://www.e45.com/
    Sunni Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by L2garner
    I want 2 know of a cure for excessively dry skin. I use everything but nothing helps. Are there any sugestions.
    Hi there! I have made a face oil that works wonders. It is good for dry skin, and helps to controls blemishes. The recipe title is called anti-wrinkle oil. I have used it for 3 years everyday under my make up. It's not greasy and it smells so good, and it's made with essential oils. If you'd like the recipe, let me know. By the way, a 1 oz. bottle will last you about a whole year!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search