Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rasta man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Marijuana Usage & Birth Defects
    My wife and I want to try to get pregnant. I know that my daily marijuana usage can affect my sperm count. This does not concern me as much as the potential for our child to have birth defects. My question is "Can my marijuana usage lead to birth defects?" My wife does not use marijuana.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Can your usage cause birth defects? No, but it could cause you to lose your child to CPS if you continue using once the baby is born.
    Love-Life Posts: 32, Reputation: 4

Jan 13, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Im almost positive that if you use marijuana and your wife does not it won't affect the child. It might if you smoke it around your wife while she is pregnant.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 02:14 PM
    My ex, father of my 4 kids, smoked marijuana and was bi-polar and I never used drugs.
    My son is ADHD, ADD, OCD and has emotional problems.
    I very much believe that marijuana (used by the father) can lead to a baby being born with a higher ADHD potential.
    I do not think it causes physical defects but possibly emotional.
    Also Babies exposed to breathing second hand marijana can cause seizures.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 02:15 PM
    My understanding of pot use and birth defects are that it is more likely to happen (if at all) if the woman uses the pot and not the man. The child is subject to more damage if the dad was an alcoholic and mom an alcoholic resulting in the fetal alcohol syndrome. Pot has been around long enough... but the only problem I can or could see with the pot is what kind of additives have been added into the pot. Some pot down in Houston not too long ago had been spiked with embalming fluid.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Hello Rasta mon:

Nahhhh, mon. The worst thing is the kid could come out very hungry.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Accutane = birth defects! [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend takes 80 mg of accutane. If he got me pregnant would it cause birth defects? Or is it just if the women take it?

Lyrica and birth defects [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of birth defects were found when men take lyrica?

Birth defects such as seizures/autism from zoloft [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of side effects from taking zoloft during pregnancy and about birth defects?

View more questions Search