Ask
    rgspence Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Can I sell a mobile home that is affixed and keep the land
    Can I sell a mobile home that is affixed and keep the land
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 02:22 PM
    You easily can if the mobile home has a title like a car and the land has a separate deed. You can then sell the home and "rent" the land to the new homeowner. I've seen this scenerio done many times.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 02:36 PM
    When you say the mobile home is "attached" what do you mean.

Is the moble home build on, with a room or two added,

But if you merely mean it is sitting on the land, maybe with tie down straps and underpinning, it can be sold, as long as it is not included in the mortgage for the land.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

Neighbors want to sell cabin that is partially on our land [ 2 Answers ]

Our neighbors are selling their cabin. When they built the cabin they built it about 5 feet over the property line. They have been told several times over the years that they are on our land. We have been told now that because they have been there more than ten years it is their land and nothing we...

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

Must Sell Home but don't have the resources [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: I am in a bind to sell my home because I can no longer afford to pay the mortgage. I have since found out three days before listing that my "7yr" old roof is leaking. I have no problem with that because that can be a credit to the new buyers. However, I have since found out that a permit...

View more questions Search