Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tyson503 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Good time to build
    With the economic slowdown and pending recession looming, are building materials on the rise (inflationary) or on the decrease? We are building a new home, but didn't know if we should wait or if now would actually be a good time to build.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Wait until the economy starts to straighten out before you build as you could end up with overextending yourself financially and end up losing your new home if you run into a scenerio of unforseen job layoffs, etc. big medical bills, etc. The cost of building materials should not be the factor here.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 05:31 PM
    You can go to ENR.com which is Engineering News Record, then buildings, then cost indexes to see trends on building materials.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to build my credit for the first time [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to build up my credit and I need help! I am 22 years old. I don't have anyone to co-sign for me on any type of loan. I have never had a loan, signed a lease, etc. I pay my friend rent and her name is on the lease because I don't have credit. I have never had a credit card or...

Feels good. But hurts at the same time? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husband been together for about 2 years.. and eversence the sex is GREAT! Till then.. starting about 1 mth ago.. it felt good. But it really hurt me inside.. like towards the cervix... not the cervix.. but up there.. anytime we do other positions.. feels good.. still hurts.. so he has to...

Its time for Mac to go. For good this time. [ 8 Answers ]

HI to Everyone. I found this site 3 months ago and received so much info which I didn't even really take in. I stayed around it kept me occupied. Taliman, chuff, wildcat, jeur, jiser, geoff, sbelle and many others helped me through a difficult patch. Its been a long road and my Ex well she...

View more questions Search