Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vicwin5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Mobile home repossesion
    My husband and ex wife bought a mobile home and put it on my husbands mothers land. My husband and I now live in the house, the name on the loan is still my husband and his ex,she took him to court and then did not show up.My mother in law wants it off her land so she can sell it. We don't want the house anymore it is depreciating quickly and we would rather invest in a house that appreciates with time. Can we call the company the mobile home loan is with and have them come get it? What would be the repercussions for this action,we live in Texas and are current with our payments.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2008, 08:19 AM
    The repercussions of that is 1) you would have a default on a loan entered on your credit record. 2) your ability to get a home mortgage will be affected 3) the loan company will auction off the home and then go after you for the balance.

You may also have problems selling it if the title is jointly with the ex.

I strongly suggest you work out some way to sell it or pay off the loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home. [ 4 Answers ]

If someone owns a mobile home without owning the land,can a lien be put on it? By a lawyer. Thank you for your help!

Manufactored Home Repossesion [ 1 Answers ]

Why will lending company not repossess a home that can not be paid for any more? Homeowner does not live in home, home is vacant.

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

Repossesion of a Mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

When can they take the home legally

Manufactured home default law before repossesion [ 7 Answers ]

I just have a question about the law that surrounds manufactured homes (mh). Our mh loan is due on the 1st, we are generally always late, usually paid on 12th or later. We never not pay, we pay. The company that our loan is through has a guy who is completely rude. He considers it 30 days late...

View more questions Search