Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Assessing the Packers and Patriots
    Both teams, Packers and Patriots, looked very good, and have excellent quarterbacks. I was wondering about the competition: the Jaguars and Seahawks. The Jaguars had a lot more fight than I anticipated and the quarterback was superb for the most part. The Seahawks looked undermanned; and the receivers kept dropping passes. Based upon the quality of competition, I thought the Patriots had the better game.
    Grab the Brass Ring Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Good points, but it is difficult to say whether the Patriots or Packers had the better game.

The Jaguars played as I thought they would utilizing a strong running game with a better than expected passing game. The Jaguars do not have a true game-breaker at receiver and they were not able to match the relentless offense of the Patriots. How many teams can have their top receiver only catch one pass for fourteen yards and still have their quarterback complete 26-28 passes and three touchdowns? New England has one of the best offenses in NFL history and there are countless weapons they can count on. Jacksonville played well, but without forcing any turnovers it is difficult to keep up with Brady and Co.

The Seahawks are too one-dimensional and it showed. They were given two gifts in the first quarter and were still dismantled by 22 points. Shaun Alexander has aged before our eyes and he does not provide them with a strong running game. He is tentative hitting the holes and easy to bring down. When that happened, the Packers defensive backs just sat back and waited to unload on the Seattle receivers. Hasselback is a good quarterback and though he had some time to throw, there was no threat of a running game so the Packers just waited and did a good job of defending the pass.

I am rooting and hoping for a Packers-Patriots Super Bowl. Brett Favre getting a chance to end the magical run of Tom Brady and the Patriots...
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Yes, that was a very good game last night! How about that fake by Brady?? :eek:

The Seahawks looked frightened, nervous or something... some terribly missed catches. Hasselbeck was noticeably POed, but his receivers just couldn't hold on.
    Was it the blizzard conditions? Football weather!!

The Jaguars are now out, but they have nothing to be sorry for! Gerard did in fact, have a good show. 278 yards! Exceptional effort from individual players.

The Patriots remained stoic and ramped up their play as necessary in all the right areas.
    17-0, way to go!

I hope today's games will be as exciting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

21 and 91 on the patriots helmets [ 2 Answers ]

What do the numbers 21 and 91 mean on the Patriots helmets?

New England Patriots [ 1 Answers ]

Ok it doesn't seem that many people get on this board, but I wanted to throw a question out there and see if I can get some opinions. Do you all feel that the Patriots received fair and just punishment for their actions? Do you think they did anything wrong in the first place? I...

View more questions Search