Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghc123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2006, 07:57 PM
    Business Tax - Tax to Book adjustments
    Hello

My C Corp company is completing the 1120 and I am working on the book to tax differences, specifically the unpaid accrual 75 days after year end.

My accountant has recorded a few activities to the accrual ledger accounts which I believe should NOT be considered as a tax adjustment.

The first are sales rebates which occurred within the tax year, are definitely due to the customer, but won't be paid until later in the year beyond the 75 days of year end. The sale agreement specifies the rebate is due.

The second are liabilities related to a sales agreement where I earn a flat pre determined revenue fee regardless of sale profitibility. I invoice the customer, earn a definite flat fee, and remit all remaining amounts due back to the producer.

I would appreciate your input on my two issues above.

Also, can you please guide me to the specific IRS literature regarding the 75 day accrual adjustment.

I greatly appreciate your insight and thank you for your assistance.

GHC
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2006, 08:02 PM
    Issue 1:

You need to record the customer rebate now. It does not matter when you pay them the refund, it all matters when you realize you owe them the refund. If your year end is Dec 31, but do not pay the employee salaries until the 2nd of each month, you must accrue Dec 2-31 pay even though you don't pay it until the next fiscal year.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 6, 2006, 01:35 PM
    I have no comment, as I have no experience in filing Form 1120 for C Corporation tax returns.

Wanted to let you know this so you would not think I was ignoring your post.
    ghc123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    Issue 1:

You need to record the customer rebate now. It does not matter when you pay them the refund, it all matters when you realize you owe them the refund. If your year end is Dec 31, but do not pay the employee salaries until the 2nd of each month, you must accrue Dec 2-31 pay even though you don't pay it until the next fiscal year.

I did record the rebate, but I will not have to pay for 6 months.

Am I able to claim the rebate on this years tax return

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Price adjustments [ 2 Answers ]

When most industries adjust to offer low priced products and offer low wages, some industries that produce pricey products find their market demand dwindling and their bottom-line shrinking. Is this true?

CSS e-Book [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am in need of an Advanced CSS e-Book. Any links would help me a lot. Sincere Regards Shaikh M. Zaid.

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

Nikki carb adjustments [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to adjust a Nikki carb on a kohler command ohv engine? I can't find any screws for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The engine will only run at full choke. I have ajusted the govenor.

View more questions Search