Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NAVIARM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Format command not recognized
    I want to format my friends computer because it doesn't start at all. I already tried the reintall win Xp but it only goes up to 6% and stops. I made a start up disk and the computer stars at the ms-dos and gives the promt (A:) but when I tried to use format C: it says bad command name or file name. Im able to change to C: and use dir to see the files. My cuestion is what could be wrong with the command format?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Go to this site, read info to get idea

Free Pc Tech Support - Boot Disk Downloads

And download this when you get there
    MS Windows XP System setup disk
    http://www.freepctech.net/files001/wxpboot.exe
    cantoris Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 10:51 AM
    In answer to your question, the FORMAT command will only be on the startup disk if you manually added it. It is not a normal component of such a disk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ping not recognized as internal or external command [ 9 Answers ]

When running cmd C:\Documents and Settings\... \ping I get the following error 'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command. Please help me solve my problem Thanks

How to get recognized/heard [ 6 Answers ]

Hello one of my passions in life is singing. I want to know how do I get started in this industry, how or who can I speak to to get started or noticed. I watch people on TV like Keisha Cole and see her story. All I want is to be heard, to be given an opportunity to showcase this God given talent...

Rm format to mp3 format [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all::) Please tell me:how can I convert RealOnePlayer file (rm file) to mp3 file?which software? Is quiktime good?? and how?(please don't advice downloading software -because I don't want to infect my mp3 player! ) Thanks in advance

Printer not Recognized [ 7 Answers ]

I am very new to networking. I recently setup a Linksys Wireless network for 3 of the computers in my house. All computers are running XP Pro. I did not use the Windows Wireless Network setup wizard. I simply configured the router then use the provided software with the cards and enabled WEP. I...

View more questions Search