Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JBourne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2006, 05:28 PM
    Greek family history -- Ammos, Greece
    Hi, I am doing family history research. I need to identify the municipality or location of municipal offices for the village of Baliaga, also known as Ammos, in Greece. The closest large city to Ammos is Kalamata

Thanks!
    Stathopulos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2006, 05:32 PM
    Well. If you go to Athens take a left at Corinth, head down to Napthio and take a right up the hill to Tripoli. From there go to the main highway south and hit Kalamata in about 4 hours. Stay at the Hotel Rex and then go west around the end of the airport. You will get to Ammos and see a great old village. Up through the olive grove is the Grave of Stathopulos. You will love it.
    aris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2006, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBourne
    Hi, I am doing family history research. I need to identify the municipality or location of municipal offices for the village of Baliaga, also known as Ammos, in Greece. The closest large city to Ammos is Kalamata

thanks!
    Hi! I just became a member of this group and I saw your post. I am from ARIS, a village next to Ammos. Actually Aris is the seat of the Municipality of ARIS wich comprises the villages of AMMOS, ARIOHORI, ASPROPOULIA, ALONIA, ANEMOMYLOS ens ARIS.
    For more visit the following web page

Aris Kalamatas

Have a great day:)
    JBourne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2006, 10:59 PM
    Hello!
    It was great to hear from you! I would love to ask you some questions about your village. I am visiting Ammos in May. How far is it from Kalamata? I hope to find the registry of Greek males that lists my grandfather or any other records. Would I find that in Aris?

Thanks for any information you can provide!
    vasilios g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBourne View Post
    Hello!
    It was great to hear from you! I would love to ask you some questions about your village. I am visiting Ammos in May. How far is it from Kalamata? I hope to find the registry of Greek males that lists my grandfather or any other records. Would I find that in Aris?

thanks for any information you can provide!
    Hi ammos is 14 km from kalamata north from the airport when you get to ammos ask an
    Ayyone that you see on the street and they will tell you anything that you ask them
    By the way I am from Ammos email me for more info
    Rettabop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 11:27 PM

My father was adopted from Athen, Greece. His mothers name is on his adoption papers, how can my father locate his mother?
    geosop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 01:17 PM
    Comment on aris's post
    I am doing research about my Greek family heritage and my grandfather was from the village of Aris. What can you tell me about the village? Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to locate someone in greece [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody knows how can I find a person in athens greece? I have his parents name and his birth date but I still can't find his address or phone?I tried greek white pages but he is not listed.

Trying to obtain dual Greek/USA citizenship; having trouble with Greek Consulates [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find help in obtaining Greek citizenship through my father, who was born in Greece, still has his Greek passport, but is now a naturalized U.S. citizen. The main problem I am having is finding a consulate that will even talk to me/help me. The one consulate that has been helpful is...

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Marriage law in Greece [ 1 Answers ]

ı would like to find out the prosidures of marrige in Greece with greek citizen. ı am a turkish citizen and ı want to find out what ı should do? What documents ı should prepare.

View more questions Search