Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkel-star Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Will I ever forget my bad experience?
    I was attacked at easter and think about it a lot will I ever forget it or stop thinking about it?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 09:48 PM
    The more you dwell on this incident the more it will not go away. I know it is hard not to think about this, but you will be able to forget it ever happened. If you find yourself thinking about it, just gently push those thoughts out of your mind and think of something else.
    EIFS EXPERT Posts: 126, Reputation: 8

Jan 12, 2008, 10:01 PM
    Hopefully you will never forget. In this world we have good bad and midiocre people. We have to stay on our toes because we can be dead tomorrow.

Remember, the only thing that prevents anyone from entering your home and assaulting you is the fear of going to prison. Some people don't have that fear or their urge overpowers them.

Never forget and always protect yourself.

Jan 13, 2008, 07:11 AM
    What's dwell means sorry I'm only 14?
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jan 13, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Hi Twinkel-star,
    Maybe you could tell us a bit more about what happened? You don't have to, but it sometimes helps to talk about these things.
    And "dwelling" on something means thinking about it a lot.
    Some people feel better if they can think about their bad experiences, talk about them and bring them out in the open, while some others prefer to move on and forget.

And by the way, most people are not only prevented from assaulting you because of a fear of prison, most people in the world will never want to harm you. I know there are some violent and scary people out there, I've had a few scary experiences myself, but most people aren't like that.

Do you have a close friend or family member you could perhaps talk to about this? If it's an ongoing problem, maybe you could even talk to a counsellor. Or maybe just finding some time to relax with friends would help to remind you about the good things in life.

Keep us posted and take care,

Kal

Jan 13, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Thanks I have a counsellor but she's not relly helping me I will tell you more but I'm not wrighting it on here twinkel xx :D

Jan 13, 2008, 08:06 AM
    If you need to talk, you can send me a message anytime.

But it would probably be best to talk to close friends about what happened, or to someone you feel really comfortable with. Is the experience effecting you school/social life? Is it always on your mind? Or do you only think about it when you're alone?

Kal

Jan 13, 2008, 08:13 AM
    I think about it whenim with friends a bit but it's a lot when in on my own

Jan 13, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Maybe you could use this time to remind yourself of how to be strong and to keep yourself safe in the future. What do you feel when you're thinking about it? Do you still feel afraid?
    If you're still frightened, maybe you could take up self-defense classes to help you feel more confident.
    It's not something you're ever likely to forget, but you will think about it less over time. If it's too difficult thinking about it, you could try meditating or reading a book when you begin to think about it. Or whenever it's bothering you too much, phone a friend or go for a walk.
    Some people like to keep journals to write down what they are thinking and feeling. Maybe if you could get some of your thoughts out of your head and onto paper you'd be more comfortable with them.
    Different methods work for different people. Just try to remember that you're never alone, and you'll probably never go through again.

Kal
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 08:50 AM
    If one counsellor isn't working don't be afraid to change to another one. They're loads of different types of counselling and counsellors. I know a few people who went through quiet a few different counsellors until they found the one that was right for them.

Jan 13, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Thanks I don't feel afraid just angery and up-set xx twinkel xx
    nevie26 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Hey Twinkel, having been through a similar experience at about the same age, I know how dramatic it can be and I understand how you feel with the counslers and them not helping, been there and done that, counseling is not for everybody. But sadley you are probably always going to have that meomorie in the back of your mind. Replaying what happened and how it could have been different but you can get past it and go on with your life, you have many better years ahead of you! You can't let this one bad experience crumble your life, if you do so you are letting your attacker win and you are better than that! Stand up for yourself and take your dignity and pride back! Your life can only get better, just keep your head up and yoou can beat this! Goodluck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot forget [ 3 Answers ]

This girl stays in my apartment and happens to be my friend's elder sister.she is from a good conservative indian family.I often visit them and we play games some time.I am madly in love with this girl,cannot stop thinking about her.my engeering entrance examination are coming in three months and I...

Should I forget about him? [ 6 Answers ]

I dated a guy for a year. To make a (very) long story short, when things were good, they were good... and when they were bad, they were bad. We have been broken up for over three months, but I still have so many thoughts of him. He's with a new girl, but I would do almost anything to be back...

Ask her out or forget [ 8 Answers ]

There is this girl and I like her but I don't want to like her. See, we went out once before and broke up when she was cheating on me. We almoost got back together again but she thought I was a jerk for flirting with other girls. She had an attitude about that for a long time. Now she's over it and...

How to forget him [ 2 Answers ]

I was never sucesssful in love before because despite of loving them so much they never loved me back but I was always hurt due to my true feeling these expeirnces made me very insecure and unlucky ,I'm beautiful but still then this guy came andi was in a relation ship with him for more than two...

I can't forget him! Help please [ 10 Answers ]

I went out with this guy for a month and then broke up with me about a week after I refused to give him head. He went out with one of my friends a while beofre me and proudly bragged about using her so everyone has told me that he used me too and I when I didn't "put out" either he broke up with...

View more questions Search