Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agere_prashant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 03:11 PM
    My dvd combo drive does not play few cd/dvds
    Hello there,
    In the search to findout about my problem I landed on this site.. found very intresting about the help offer through your personal immense knowledge, I will be glad if I get help from you,
    Basics -
    Compaq v3000 series,
    Windows vista ultimate ,

I am using my compaq dvd combo drive it does not play mostly pirated or burned cd/dvds , now it is confusing that it used to play erlier before I formated my PC to get 3 partisions and install vista (had xp initialy),
    Now the cd can be anything from software to music to movies to anything for that matter ,
    Yes any orignal prints does work fine..
    Oh yes 1 more issue.. I can't burn any data using nero or windows it self.

I have tried cleaning with cd, with cloth.. didn't help.

Advice any suggestions for the same..
    Will be waiting.
    Thank u
    Prashant
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Now as far as software, what happens when you put in a cd with software or anything for that matter, doed your cd rom show up in windows explorer? And if so does it show your files on the cd?

Sounds like you need video codecs for videos files, you can download free ones here, with these codecs you should not have a problem with videos, music -

Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 3.6.5 FULL, K-Lite Codec Pack 3.6.5 STANDARD, K-Lite Codec Pack 3.6.5 BASIC : K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools
    agere_prashant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 10:22 AM
    seahwk83 thank you for reply but no the cd's-dvd's show blanck , system asks me to format the cd if I try to read the components within. Tyhnak you for the codecs I have downloaded and kodec and installed if it resolves the issue I will advice. Any other info
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Have you set your comp to have autorun when you insert a disk
    To check, control panel, Default Programs, and click on change autoplay settings
    For down list and make your selections and then save at the bottom of the screen, see if this helps
    dbtice Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 01:51 PM
    a__p, you didn't indicate if Cd drive came with software... if so, reinstall. All the changes you indicated you made to hard disk could have revised some of your paths in the registry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New LCD TV with dvds play black and white [ 1 Answers ]

I need some information on how to make my dvd player play my dvds in color and NOT black and white.Someone please help.I have worked on this for over 8 hours and I have given up.

Anyone use their laptop to play DVDs for the kids in a minivan? [ 5 Answers ]

Just wanted to know how much wattage I need when I go shopping for one of those power inverters? I have an IBM Thinkpad R51.

What's The Best Software Combo For Burning Dvds? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I've been trying to burn/copy some dvd's to put in my personal collection.. I wasn't having too much trouble when I had a free version or nero.. well my free version ran out about a week ago and I can't copy anything new without running into some kind of problems.. my original system one of my...

Can my panasonic cf-47 play dvds? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic CF-47 Toughbook, model year about 2000. It has a Pentium II, with a CDROM. My question is: Can this machine play a DVD? Of course it can play CDs, but I was wondering if CDs and DVDs are virtually the same, as far as my CDROM is concerned. Thanks for an answer.

Computer won't play dvds [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there When I tried to play a dvd on my PC on powerdvd it says 'The powerdvd Direct show decorder filters have not been installed properly' But I never use this and have never unistalled it or anything like that it came with the PC when I bought it 3 years ago and used to work fine , I also...

View more questions Search