Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shawn0634 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Where do you find the plug in to check the check engine light
    I am trying to find the plug in where you plug in the computer to check the check engine light it a 1992 civic can anyone tell me where it located at and if you have picture that would be great thanks if you could tell me the color of the plug in and how many pin in it that would help me in finding it
    Bellagrace19 Posts: 70, Reputation: 5

Jan 12, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Im not 100% sure on this, I don't really know where it is, but I brought my car to Autozone or Napa, or an auto parts store, and they will check it for you for free. Hope this helps...

Jan 12, 2008, 02:03 PM
    I would but the car don't start that the problem I have with it the check engine light on so I need to know why .
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 02:42 PM
    The data link connector (DLC) didn't start under the dash until OBDII started in 96.
    On earlier models it was just using a jumper wire at the diagnostic plug and counting blinks of the CEL. That one should be under the hood. Honda guys can chime in here.
    It was very basic back then. Probably just an o2 sensor for a 92.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
    The 2-P Service Check Connector should be located just under the glove compartment, approximately 1" from the right kick panel. It's buried in a rubber mount--carefully remove it, using a small screwdriver. Jump it with a paper clip, turn ignition switch to ON, and count the flashes of the CEL.

Jan 13, 2008, 01:48 PM
    OK I found the jumper plug in now to figure out the code can someone tell me what it mean I found 2 diff website tell me diff way to read it this is what I have when I turn the key the chedck engine light give me 1 long flash and then 9 short flash and it repeact it does anyone know what that code mean.
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Code 19 = Automatic transmission lockup control valve.

Jan 13, 2008, 02:08 PM
    OK this is the code I get but this is the problem I have the car would not start it crack when I turn the key the check engine light turn on and this is the code I get Automatic transmission lockup control valve but the car is a 5 speed does this matter and would this cause the engine from not starting ? Does anyone know where I find this a/t transmission valve at ?
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Perform K-Test on the ECM:

K-Test: Remove the MAP Sensor connector and turn the ignition switch to ON (Position II). Using a multimeter, check for 5 volts going between the MAP Sensor connector's reference wire (+) and ground. As you look at the connector, this is the socket on the right. Really press the black test lead into a cleaned main ECM ground on the thermostat housing. If the voltage is low, it's probably indicating ECM failure. Most failed ECMs will record a fraction of a volt. To me, the K-Test is simple, elegant, and accurate.

Jan 13, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Where would I happen to find the map senser picture would be nice if you have any thank.
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Along the firewall, just to the right of the fuel filter. Look for the vacuum hose going from the throttle body to the MAP Sensor.

My bet is that your ECM is fried, if the CEL stays on when you turn the ignition key to ON (Position II).

Jan 16, 2008, 11:30 AM
    OK testing the map sensor this is what I have when I disscount the plug from the map sensor I have 3 wire a yellow wire with green strip and a green wire and a white wire now with the mult meter how do I know which wire is the + and - one and do I test the plug that I disconect from the map sensor or the plug that on the map sensor ?
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Red = +
    Black = Negative

You turn the ignition switch to ON (Position II) and connect the right-hand socket in the connector to the red test lead. Connect the black test lead to any ground on the engine block.

Jan 16, 2008, 12:29 PM
    I don't have any red or black wire the wire that on there is yellow with green strip and white and green which one is the + and the - do you know
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 12:33 PM
    I'm talking about the red and black test leads on the multimeter.

Jan 17, 2008, 12:02 AM
    The right hand socket has 3 pin slot in it and all 3 lead to a diff wire there one wire that green with yellow stripe and a white wire and a green wire which pin slot on the socket should I put in the red + mult meter test lead ?

Jan 17, 2008, 12:16 PM
    OK I am trying to test the ecm here ture the map sensor which wire on the map sensor is the + can anyone tell me ? There no red wire

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check engine light [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the Top oxygen sensor, the one that the meter told me was bad and the light went out. My mechanic told me to drive for 150 miles to reset the codes and after 130 miles the light came back on. What gives? PS: it is a 1999 Kia Sephia.

Check engine light on [ 3 Answers ]

I brought my toyota solara 2002 to the dealer for diagnosis "check engine light on". The dealer suggested to change the canister that worth $ 300 bucks! I did try to change the canister cap but in a few days the warning light popped again. Any other suggestion? Thanks.

Check engine light [ 1 Answers ]

My check engine light goes on after 15 minutes of driving how do I check what's wrong?

Check engine light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda accord ex and the check engine light stays on, Also it takes 3 to 4 minutes to start the car.

Engine Check Light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 96 Dodge Neon. Engine Check light came on. I had someone from Autozone check it using some sort of scan tool. Code said it is Cylinder #1 misfire. After the scan test. Engine Check Light came off. Does it mean it is fixed or it was reset? What could cause it to Cylnder #1...

View more questions Search