Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    migueli_d Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2006, 02:15 PM
    Early Probation Termination
    The condition of my probation state that the court may at any time modify the conditions of my probation, under certain circustances, extend or terminate probation early for exemplary performance. Does any one know how to go about asking the courts to consider early termination.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2006, 05:20 PM
    This forum is for discussion among members, generally about the service. The site is organized into forums and subforums. You should post your question in a subforum for the type of question.

There is a Law subforum in the Financial Services forum. That would be the most appropriate for your question.

But really, the best place to get this info is from your attorney. I am reasonably sure that the court would tell you to have your attorney file the paperwork.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2006, 05:10 AM
    Also, to try to save a buck, it probably can't hurt to ask your probation officer. It may be a matter of a form to complete - and submit to the court.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2006, 05:48 AM
    Hello Micky:

Although I don't think your probation officer is the place to get legal advice, in this case it just might be. Well, not legal advice really, more administrative advice. Your PO should know the procedure. Plus, WITHOUT your PO's acquiesce, you're not going to get off early anyway, so you'll need to enlist your PO.

If you find that your PO is a **** (nahhh, we know that's not possible), then you're going to need an attorney's help to get an early release.

Certainly, it goes without saying that all your fines, restitution, probation fees, etc. are all paid, AND you have no bad conduct reports in your file.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2006, 06:27 AM
    You have every right to contest any part of every court order that you get in the USA!Wheter or not YOUR lawyer agrees is a another matter.But you must remember a lawyer is your advocate on YOUR behalf, and with what they charge,it is up to YOU to make sure they represent you and don't just take your money and give YOU nothing!:cool:It is up to YOU to represent Yourself to a probation officer.:eek:My point is that you must take an active role on behalf of YOURSELF! :cool:
    migueli_d Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2006, 03:10 PM
    Probation Termination
    Thanks for the info and yes I agree I must take an active role on behalf of myself. As far as my PO he is half my age and a control freak, so I guess I will just have to hope for the best. I've done everything I was suppose to and with out any trouble.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2006, 03:29 PM
    Probation
    First what level probation are you on. Is it for felony or misdemeanor ?

State, county or city probation and then is it a government probaton office or a private office.

Normally the judge will question the probation officer and unless he recommends it, there is little chance, but you can always try.

And of course their opinion is normally as long as you are not breaking the law why is probation hurting you.

You may have a better chance of getting it changed over to unsupervised probation.

Also normally there is different levels of probation that unless required by the court is up to the probation department.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2006, 08:44 PM
    Speak with your probation officer for advice on how to proceed with this request.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early probation termination [ 15 Answers ]

When you go in front of the judge to terminate probation early, what questions does he/she ask? What % of people get granted versus denied? Are there any negatives to trying? What if not granted, can you try again? How long? Thanks

AZ. Terminate Probation Early [ 6 Answers ]

I was sentenced to 3 years probation for a misd charge in Arizona/Maricopa County/Scottsdale City Court. I was told by my probation officer that I could get off after 18 months. My 18 months is up and my probation officer said she would not contest. What do I need to do? Forms, motions,...

Termination of At Will Employment [ 1 Answers ]

If an at will employee is terminated by their employer for cause and investigation finds that there is no evidence to support the claim, can that employee then sue the employer for wrongful termination given that the employer could not supply evidence to show just cause?

Probation Termination [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to apply for early termination for probation, is there a form or do I just write the judge

View more questions Search