Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Warren7127 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 07:58 AM
    How do I replace a valve in my shower?
    I have a hot water leak in my shower/tubs faucet, I believe its due to a faulty valve.
    As Im looking at the valve (minus the knob & cover) Im wondering how Im going to get this valve out, I can not get a wrench in the wall, & I don't have socket long enough to clear the shaft that the knob mounts to.

Is there a special tool needed?
    & will I need to shut the water off somewhere before removing the valve?

Frdbrkl Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

Jan 12, 2008, 08:28 AM
    You will *definitely* need to shut off the water!

Yes, there are special tools needed to remove the valve (aka "stem") in many faucets. Knowing the maker and model of the valve would help our plumber types out here to help you.

Check the mfr's website for "parts" and see if you can get a breakdown. It may help you see how it's constructed as well.

Good luck, and I hope this helps you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace main water shut off valve [ 3 Answers ]

The main water shut off valve on my side of the meter is corroded, how do I shut off the water to replace the valve and can I do it with a ball valve?

How do I replace a needle valve seat on a BS14 carb? [ 14 Answers ]

I have BS 14 HP with a float type carb. I know the needle is sticking and flooding the engine/ oil/ ground with gas! I have ordered the new needle valve and seat. My question is how do I get the seat out? Does anyone have any information about how to remove one? Help please... Mower parked in front...

How do I replace a needle valve seat on a BS 14? [ 3 Answers ]

I have BS 14 HP with a float type carb. I know the needle is sticking and flooding the engine/ oil/ ground with gas! I have ordered the new needle valve and seat. My question is how do I get the seat out? Does anyone have any information about how to remove one? Help please... Mower parked in...

Replace concre-tile shower with new shower pan [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my concrete-tile shower with swanstone 32x60L shower base. The new drain location will be around 4" away from the original drain location. What should I do? Can I use the existing P-trap with the new drain location by connecting them using a horizontal PVC pipe? Or do I have to...

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

View more questions Search