Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    THIS_IS_NOT_RIGHT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 06:32 AM
    7 Years Of INS Nightmare
    !Please! Help me out with this dilima:mad:
    I could make this six pages long,but try not to.

I came to the USA with wife(now exwife)
    & my 3 kids in April 94 putting 150K into business. Turned out to be a nightmare after only six months.My wife was out of there & divorced me in 95 she had the 2 youngest children I had the eldest chid.Anyway after 2 years my visa was up for renewal,I was in such turmoil trying to renew my visa & run the business I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.So the visa got put to one side plus on top of that the person in the UK who helped me to get to the US had retired.To cut a real long story short.I told my wife I would get the renewal visa for me & my eldest child & never did. She got her visa for her & the other 2 childern OK.I got remarried in 2000 & applied for a change of status
    After about 2 years it came through OK. I do believe my ex applied for a visa for the eldest child age 15 at the time about 6/12 month before the 911 according to the INS that put everything back maybe another 2 years.
    I am going straight to the point now.
    My wife had to go to the US embassy in the UK.This is a 7 year ongoing issue with the INS with nothing but excuses delaying the visa.(All the paper was in place)She was notified to go to the US embassy in the UK to get the visa(strange I thought)
    When she goes to the US embassy on 1/10/2008 they turn around & tell her that my child was an illegal alien at the age of 18 she is now 24.
    She now has to file the I-130 I think it is because she is over the age of 18. That was 6 years ago.Why didn't the INS(PORTLAND OR office) inform her mother of this form that needed to be filled out.
    My daughter now HAS to stay in the UK for more than 20 weeks with no family or friends over there apart from her 83 year old Granma until the embessy process the paperwork. They still may not grant a visa,then we have to apeal. It just goes on & on.All her family live in the US.
    Question is ? The INS has screwed up taking over 7 years to issue a permanent resident visa what if anything can I do about it.
    TIA Mel
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 06:40 AM
    There's probably not much you can do. And understand that, here in the U.S. immigration issues are currently a political hotbed with so many people being here illegally and utilizing our resources and that is an extremely divisive issue among our current leaders. While I sympathize with your plight I think you're in quite a bind right now and there's no easy way out.
    THIS_IS_NOT_RIGHT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Thanks for the reply
    I find it amazing that it has taken the INS over 7 years to get to the point of issuing a visa.With nothing but excuses regarding when she was to have the visa.This was nothing to do with being in the US illegally.It was a change of status that turned into a illegall alien because it took that long to process Maybe she should have stayed here in the US & insisted why she had to go to the UK to get visa. I warned her not to go.I could see right through it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

Vista Nightmare! [ 8 Answers ]

I recently "upgraded" from XP (great OS) to Vista (huge mistake). I was walking around the local Office Depot. A force from the Dark Side lured me to the display of Vista OS software. Had a little extra cash on me. Read the box and saw all the delightful and alluring marketing jargon. The...

Our nightmare [ 3 Answers ]

My live in boyfriend and I, both who are young professionals, who have never been in trouble before... have created our own little nightmare and now I need help... The other night we got into an argument and things got very heated. We slapped each other and the police were called. I was...

Probate Nightmare Can Anyone Help? [ 23 Answers ]

This is the latest of what seems to be a hundred letters I have written trying to get help, of which there seems to be none, all because it's a piddly civil matter, I am positive this goes on in every state in this country and something must be done. This has destroyed my family who are good...

Accounting nightmare [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently takinga home education course, and I am having problems with the accounting module. Is there anyone out there who might be able to provide me with some type of tutoring for manual accounting? Or does anyone know of any good web sites that explain the stuff in plain english? The...

View more questions Search