Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    screwedincali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Landlord foreclosure on rentals
    Do we have any legal action against our landlord that allowed the house that we live in to go into foreclosure? He has been collecting our rent checks and not paying the mortgage for over a year. He also has multiple other properties and lives in a $2 mil mansion. I had asked him multiple times if there were any issues with the house and we were only told that he was refinancing. Now the bank wants us out and we have no money to move and put down on another home.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 10:00 PM
    You can sue him to return your deposit on the property if he has not.

In a few areas there may be requirements for relocation, but don't expect to get anything if he is not paying his mortgage

You were living there so you owed him the rental payment, he has not liabiity to you to pay the mortgage, this is more and more common over the last couple of years. You can not get any rent back from him that was legally due him, the mortgage company can sue for their loses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forced out by landlord due to property going into foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We recently signed a contract to rent to own. We have been in our house for 3 months. Our landlord sent us letter stating that his lender had raised his mortgage payment and that the property was soon to go into foreclosure. Our rent to own contract does not end for another 21 months. ...

Lease/option w/ landlord foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lease/option in the home I'm living in with my wife and 3 children. My lease expires in June of 2008. The owner of the property has been receiving registered mail from a bank, and just yesterday received 2 letters from attorneys office. This attorney specializes in foreclosure. What...

Landlord foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My landlord's mortgage was just foreclosed on. I have only lived here for 6 weeks. They never told us anything about them being in trouble ( we would not have moved in if we knew!) and now I assume we'll have to move again. Can I go after them legally for all the trouble another move will cause- we...

Landlord Foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I'm renting a house in Indiana I just found out is being foreclosed upon. The landlord won't answer her phone. The summons we received listed my husband and I as defendants "John and Jane Doe". The summons says we have 20 days to respond. We're on a month to month lease (the lease actually expired...

View more questions Search