Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alchinastarr Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Suicidal thoughts
    I have been thinking about suicide, what can do to help myself?
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jan 11, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Seek out a suicide prevention hotline. Talk to a school counselor, talk to your parents, your church, something, ANYTHING!! Just don't do it. I think in a previous post you said you were 15?? You're so young! I know sometimes you may feel sad or something, but life will change, I promise. Please seek out some sort of counseling, talk to a friend or a teacher or something.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Call a hotline in your area.

Get medical/mental help immediately.

If nothing else, go to an emergency room

Jan 11, 2008, 02:38 PM
    I know no hotlines, I'm scared out of my mind! I NEED HELP!!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 02:41 PM
    You find someone to talk to, a qualified person who can help you sort through what is going on in your life. I do not know what state you live in but many states have a toll free number to the state's Mental Health Association, many have hotlines with trained people who can talk to you.

Here is link to the U.S. Suicide Prevention Hotlines:
    SuicideHotlines.com - When You Feel You Can't Go On -- Let Someone Know Your Pain.
    Suicide prevention: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    ::1.800.SUICIDE - National Suicide Prevention Hotline::

Here is a link to the National Mental Health Association's site, that includes hotlines:
    Mental Health America: Welcome

Here are some links on cutting:
    Cutting
    Cutting, Branding & Self Injury - Cutting, Branding & Self Injury Information and Resources for Teens

If your Mom will listen to you, ask her to get you into your doctor for a complete physical. You can tell her you not feeling well. Which is true. Tell your doctor what is going on - everything that is going on, from the step-father to the cutting and the suicidal thoughts.

There is help out there and people who are willing to help. Wishing you the very best in getting every bit of help you deserve. You deserve a happy and healthy life.

Jan 11, 2008, 02:42 PM
    I don't know any hotlines!
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Call 911. They will find the right help for you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Google your town name and state plus the words suicide hotline. You will get an 800 number in your area.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 02:45 PM
    1-800-784-2433
    1-800-273-8255
    1-800-442-4673
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jan 11, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Why no hotlines? They are TRAINED TO HELP YOU!

Jan 11, 2008, 02:46 PM
    I will try the hotlines to see if they will help. Thanks
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Not "if" they will help, because they WILL help. Of course, you have to cooperate... and not just blow them off.

Jan 11, 2008, 02:53 PM
    I said I didn't know any hotlines, I didn't say that I wouldn't try them!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:56 PM
    You said "if" they would help. Of course they will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suicidal thoughts. [ 9 Answers ]

Hello my name is Riley and I have just turned 13 years old. I have no friends, I get bullied at school, I fail miserably in everything that I try and there are allot of other things going on in my life that I could not even begin to describe. Anyway ill get straight to the point, with everything...

Suicidal ? [ 19 Answers ]

Just yesterday a 21 year old young man jumped off a building and died in my community. I remember when I was in Middle or even High school, suicides were rare and it used to shock us to hear about such an incident. Recently I have noticed that the statistics of suicides seems to be on the...

How am I supposed to overcome depression and suicidal thoughts/feelings? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, well I've been depressed for quite a long time now and yesterday, my mum said that she didn't really love our family and I replied, "oh ok then, I'll just go and die" and she goes, "yeah....I'd rather be alone with the dog". How the hell am I supposed to overcome this with her saying stuff like...

HELP! Suicidal! [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend has recently gone off to uni, I'm stuck here without him. Recently he cheated on me and I don't no what to do I love him and I want to be with him, but he thinks its best to break up as he wants to experience other girlfriends. I was his first love and he was mine. Neither of us have...

Best friend.. suicidal [ 6 Answers ]

Last year my best friends dad killed himself, she was the one who found him and has never talked to anyone about this... either family friend or otherwise, recently she told she has been acting out of character, she doesn't really seem to care about her actions and has told me she has had thoughts...

View more questions Search