Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Jan 11, 2008, 02:26 PM
    PHP, MySQL, apache l
    I am trying to install php5, the latest version of apache webserver and the latest version of mysql on a windows xp sp2 laptop. I also want to use Zend dev environment to write my php. I can install php4 and apache 1.3.3 with zend, and everything works fine. The problem is I'm trying to use functions for mysql that are only available for php5. I tried to upgrade to php5, and when I was using the installer for php, I installed to the php4 directory. When I call phpinfo(); it still shows as php version 4.x.x and I still can't call my functions. I have tried using all the tutorials for apache, mysql, and php, and I find them a bit confusing. I was wondering if anyone had some references to setting all this up for noobz like me
    Sitwonade Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Feb 28, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Install PHP 5 Apache MySQL on Windows : WampServer
    apache friends - xampp for windows
    ramatgmail Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2009, 12:41 AM
    Just curious - how did you try to install? Using yum install or from source?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting to MySQL with PHP on Apache 2.2 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, Just a little background on my system. I am running Windows XP Pro SP2. Firewall is disabled. Running Apache 2.2, PHP5 and MySQL server 5.1. I am trying to simple interface with my MySQL database using a webpage running PHP. I have tried using the mysql_connect(host, name,...

C++ and mysql [ 2 Answers ]

I want a query that can select all names in a table and write it in sequential form in a listbox of a form in C++.the connection is well established and communication between my system and my datbase is working fine. here is the statement I used: requestName = SELECT SystemName FROM System;...

His Apache Name [ 3 Answers ]

Geronimo was the name given to him by the Mexicans but what was is Apache name?

CGI for Apache - Premature end of script headers [ 13 Answers ]

I have a post form on my Web site in Common Gateway Interface (CGI) but when people click in order to post it, the message Premature end of script headers: mailform.cgi appears. If you'd like to see what I'm talking about please go to this page : http://www.accesss.net/pnjoindre.html. How can I...

Apache User Authentication issue.please help [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to restrict access to a directory on my apache webserver. Before I go into detail I'll show what I've got so far. I've successfully created the Password file. Here's the code in httpd.conf DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs" ... ... <Directory />

View more questions Search