Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alchinastarr Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 01:59 PM
    I'm cutting
    OK, I'm 15 and there is a lot of pressure on me and so I've been cutting. I've been cutting since iwas 12. Is there anyone like me? Is there hope for me? Is there help for me?
    kino4444 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Yes there are people like you. You need to tell an adult that you are close with about your problem and help them help you work it out. You won't be able to stop alone but you need to stop because its not healthy, as I'm sure you know. As for the pressure, everyone has pressure you just have to learn to deal with it and face it and make the right decisions. Cutting yourself however is not the way. Talk to someone and get help =)

Jan 11, 2008, 02:24 PM
    I rather not talk to a family member, they won't understand
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Yes, there are people like you. Like kino said, everyone has pressures. Some deal with it by drinking, others relieve stress by smoking, and still others have their own healthy or unhealthy ways of dealing.

When I get stressed out, I wash dishes or clean the bathroom. Find a different way other than cutting to relieve your stress. The best way to stop doing it is to substitute a healthy behavior and do that every time. Make a list of healthy behaviors that mean something in your life and that would be good subs for the cutting. Then pick one or two and do it!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alchinastarr
    i rather not talk to a family member, they won't understand
    How about a friend's mom or a teacher or your guidance counselor?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Also, what pressure is there on you?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Is this related to the post about the step-father? Is that part of the pressure you are under?
    kino4444 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2008, 02:29 PM
    It doesn't have to be a family member, any older adult will do. If you go to church then you can tell your youth pastor about it, a teacher, the nurse, anyone who is older and near you will be willing to help you!

Jan 11, 2008, 02:32 PM
    The pressures in high school are hostile! I told a friend, but what can she do help me?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Now, please explain what you mean by "hostile" pressures.

Your friend can't help you. Only you can help you.

Jan 11, 2008, 02:44 PM
    I don't know how to help myself. There are so many pressures on kids! You have to look a way, I'm not like others. People classify me a freak or an emo
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:46 PM
    That's right. You don't know how to help yourself--yet! Call the suicide hotline the way I told you in another of your posts, and ask them how to get help from someone who will teach you how to help yourself.

What pressures? Please list at least five so we can understand.

Jan 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
    There are so many steriotypes in high school. You have to look a way, I'm classified as a freak or an emo
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:49 PM
    There have always been stereotypes in high school, even back in the Stone Age when I was there.

Now, again I ask, please list five pressures. You've listed one: fitting in.

Jan 11, 2008, 02:49 PM
    I'm classifies as a freak or an emo. I hate it so much! It really hurts me, so I hurt myself to let the pressure go
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:53 PM
    1. Fitting in
    2. criticism from other kids
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:58 PM
    So only those two stressors? Not being accepted by others because you are stereotyped?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 06:59 PM
    I wish she would come back and at least tell us if she managed to call one of the hotline numbers.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 07:06 PM
    I agree. I hate not knowing the end of the story.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 07:07 PM
    And your cutting stops them from talking about you exactly how??

I know you believe this is something new but in the 60's there were nerds, druggies, hippies and other groups. If you were not one of the cool kids ou were something else. Names of the groups and ways of dress change but the problems have always been there.

The real issue here is that no matter if the stress is new or not you are having to deal with your stress.
    So you talk to your parents, talk to a school couselor, call some of the hotlines that were provided. In the end you are going to have to get professoinal help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting.. [ 12 Answers ]

Im Vanessa and I'm 15 years old. Ever since I was 12 I was having sex. I would cut after almost every time because I was scared to tell my parents and that causesd a lot of stress. Even if I didn't have sex I would cut because of something that happened during the day. One time that I cut I had to...

No more cutting [ 4 Answers ]

How can I not be anxious and frustrated when I try to stop cutting?

Cutting [ 7 Answers ]

Im a 13 year old girl. Every time I get sad, I take a razor, and I cut myself. I want to stop. But I don't know how. What should I do?

Cutting myself [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped cutting myself for my boyfriends sake and I have the scars to prove the cuts he didn't and doesn't like it when I hurt myself on purpouse but know he has broken up with me I have starved myself and I have tried to cut myself well I have a problem I think it some mental disorder to of my...

Cutting Out Cement [ 1 Answers ]

MJBreakey New Member Join Date: Oct 2006 Posts: 0 Moving a drain -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I need to move my roughed-in Toilet drain in my basement floor. The house was built in 1978. I was reading your responses to others...

View more questions Search