Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muhammad1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 11:54 AM
    College tell the truth
    Do u think that if people don't go 2 college that they are wasting there time and not going 2 get anywhere in life
    ArmyGuy2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 12:14 PM
    No I do not think so. In fact, I think a college degree will/can provide more opportunities; provided that a marketable major is selected. Here is a tidbit/motivational information for you or someone comtemplating going to college.. . it has been proven that degree holders earn more money. AA/BA/BS degree holders can earns 3 times more money than those with just a high school diploma. Master's degree holders make even more -- on average 35% more than bachelor's degree holders.

So the endstate is for you or anyone else for that matter is to keep pushing towards earning your degree. I'm sure it will be a decision not regreted
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 01:59 PM
    A person will need to go at least to college or a technical school to learn a trade. There are so many jobs that if you don't have a college degree, it is going to be getting harder and harder
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Used to be that a high school degree opened all kinds of doors. Not so much anymore. Used to be an entry level position accepted someone with a high school degree and one could work up the ladder. Again, not so much anymore. Yes, there are the places that do that but getting fewer.

But some people do fall into a good deal - my best friend's husband is a both a plumber and heating/air conditioning tech. His Dad owned the family business and he started when he was in high school, worked for the business and become apprenticed and then licensed, etc. He does very well and never did attend college.

Check out the tech schools - there are very good paying careers out there that do not require a four year degree. If you do not want that, try the community colleges - at least for the two years to get your general requirements, then decide. Or, go into the military and receive specialized training and funds for college.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Many companies won't even accept your application unless you have a bachelor's degree.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 02:10 PM
    I agree, a college degree, in any field, will open more doors. I have a college degree, not in the field I work in but I think employers just like knowing that you are knowledgeable enough and have enough focus and time management skills to complete a college program.
    EIFS EXPERT Posts: 126, Reputation: 8

Jan 11, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Only if they have nothing else to do to earn a living. You know food, shelter and... I think I'm missing one. You get the idea.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 11, 2008, 02:13 PM
    I think college opens up a lot more opportunities. I don't have the money to go right now, but I am hoping to soon. I want to go because I think I will have a better chance of finding a job that I enjoy and a better chance to earn more and be financially secure.

I am going to get a 2-year business degree first, as there are many businesses around here who would prefer that over no college at all. I am hoping to get a better job earning more with that degree and then save up to go for the 4 year degree.

I agree with the others that college or trade school or something is good. Anything to put on your resume is a good thing. It can be difficult to find a good job without a degree. I speak spanish, so that has helped me in getting jobs, but I have still missed out on lots of jobs by not having a degree.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 02:17 PM
    It all depends on what the person does rather than attending college... If they are smart, know how to plan ahead, budget money, and get along with people... they can do well with hard work... but if they work low end jobs and live paycheck to paycheck with no plan of how to advance, but only where the next party will be... then they would be more likely not to get anywhere in life. College can open a lot of doors for someone, but there are other ways as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

I need to know if what he says is the truth [ 2 Answers ]

I met this wonderful man through internet. We coincided in so many things and fell in love almost immediately, even before we met in person. When we finally did, we could not be apart anymore. Here is my problem. He told me his story and I can't believe him because it doesn't seem to be logical at...

The truth [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Is saying the truth a wrong thing in a relationship? I told my fiancé that I will have a second wife after our marriage which is allowed in Islam and she turned me off. Please I need your help to solve this problem. Thanks:confused:

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

View more questions Search