Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilfreya Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 08:57 PM
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." ~ Albert Einstein
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2008, 07:03 AM
    How odd, yesterday was the first time I had not worked a Saturday in almost 10 years.

I get up go to the bank , on my way home I spot a yard sale and stop, they have some really nice books for 25 cents each so I buy a few... I see one called The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks.
    It rings a bell in my head, not sure why... I also like the picture of the porch and landscape on the cover... so I go home sit down and look at my treasures on my porch.

I open up the page where the reviews are at and I read... "I am nothing special: of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough." Noah (The Notebook)

I go in a lay it on my desk thinking when I have time I will read it...

So last night I am online and my daughter and husband found a movie on t.v. they yell "come watch it with us" ( I rarely watch movies) I walk in sit down and I see...
    A man walking down a corrider and he is reading... "I am nothing special: of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough"
    Noah (The Notebook)

We sniffle and watch the entire movie, pause the t.v. at the loves scenes(daughter should not see those)
    The movie has about 5 minutes left, my 18 year old comes home... "great movie if you want to watch it on dvd I have it in my room. It belongs to my girlfriend." The Notebook was on dvd in my house the whole time!

What a small world we live in!
    Just goes to prove, a quote I recite often "No man is an island unto himself"

Even , if only in small, minute ways we are intertwined in each others lives, there is a connection even if we do not realize it at the moment.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Thank you very very much for sharing this Bushg...
    Means a whole lot that you did!;)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2008, 11:21 PM
    If a dropped piece of toast always lands on the Buttered side and a cat always lands on its feet , what would happen if you strapped a piece of toast on the cats back and dropped him??
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    If a dropped piece of toast always lands on the Buttered side and a cat always lands on its feet , what would happen if you strapped a piece of toast on the cats back and dropped him???
    Only way to find out is to try it. ;)

Kidding everyone, really. Here kitty kitty. :D
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 20, 2008, 08:28 AM
    A strap-on for a cat? Seriously?
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2008, 05:38 PM
    "We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another."
    Pets Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 05:45 PM
    M, need your help, come to this thread before I hurt someone. Really, this is going to get ugly, in fact, I think it already has. Starby is in the fight too, Sneezy as well, we could use another mans opinion, as the women aren't fairing to well.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ng-251655.html
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2008, 01:27 PM
    It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it. ~Oscar Wilde

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
    And all the sweet serenity of books.
    ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 04:04 PM
    "We probably wouldn't worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do." - Olin Miller

"A man who will not lie to a woman has very little consideration for her feelings." - Olin Miller
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 07:53 AM
    "A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them!"

"Words - so innocent and powerless they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them."

"You write to communicate to the hearts and minds of others what's burning inside you. You edit to let the fire show through the smoke."

"An optimist is the human personification of Spring." :)
    davina4822 Posts: 55, Reputation: 9

Sep 1, 2008, 09:48 AM
    "Do all your work as though you had a thousand years to live, and as if you would die tomorrow."

I wonder how many people know to whom this is attributed?
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Isn't that a Shaker quote?
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 02:50 PM
    davina4822 agrees: I'm so glad you knew. It's Mother Ann Lee. Thought-provoking, isn't it?
    I used to work at Old Fort Harrod in Harrodsburg, KY, right down the road from Shakertown. I've been to many a Shaker-event! I think that was on a cross stitch piece or something.

Yes, it is very thought-provoking!
    NaNA21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss
    We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin. ~André Berthiaume, Contretemps
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 05:16 AM
    I saw this one of the break room fridge this morning:

If computers ever get too powerful we can organize them into a committee. That will do them in.
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2008, 08:37 AM
    "Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows shall fall behind you"

"There is nothing wrong with you. Anyone who says something is wrong, is wrong"
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. ~Langston Hughes

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet. ~Roger Miller

Bad weather always looks worse through a window. ~Author Unknown

I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains. One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness. ~Adeline Knapp
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Awww, Rain... yes, thank you Chicky, I loved all of them;)
    Pets Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 08:50 AM
    A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. Forest E. Witcraft

There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. Walt Streightiff

The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. Stacia Tauscher

See a trend today? ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has technology influenced our customs and ethics? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not very clear about whether technology has changed our customs or ethics. If so, please present some examples. Thanks.

Need Quotes [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to make some cute christmas gifts by having shirts made from an online site, but I'm stumped on what to put on them. On mine the front will say, Because... And the back will say, I'm the Bride and That's Why I'm looking for one of the mother of the bride (my mom) thought about...

? About quotes [ 8 Answers ]

Hi , I am new to the new construction cleaning business and want to know if anyone can tell me if when the quote for a job by sq footage , is the garage included, or should be included/? Doing a job now and his quote did not add garage which is an extra 800sq ft. this doesn't seem right , that he...

View more questions Search