Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nadia999 Posts: 69, Reputation: -2
    -

Jan 10, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Salicylic acid
    Hello, I want to buy from China the raw material salycilic acid and do my own vitalize peel (chemical peel) .
    What percentage should I get and how do I mix it and with what and the application instructions?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Chemical peels are not for amateurs and I for one would not do this to my face. May I suggest you use a loofa on your face instead to get rid of the dead skin? Chemical peels are risky even if done by a dermatologist as you have no idea just how your skin is going to react to that particular chemical.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 10, 2008, 09:41 PM
    I wouldn't recommend doing a salicylic acid peel. Concentration of salicylic acid greater than 2 percent will damage the skin and cause toxicity.

Try using an over-the-counter alpha hydroxy acid cream. This will help slough away the dead skin cells and improve your skin's clarity.
    BeAMole Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Salicylic acid PEEL of 20% will do the trick. It is made by Skin Laboratories. I bought in on AMazon, and it is great but use it regularly or the results can start to recede. Now Ihave been using it regularly with a hydroquinone cream of 3% (Othine) and it I really evening out my skin tone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acid did not go down [ 5 Answers ]

I was told by the guy at the hardware store that if plunging and using a snake don't work, try sulfuric acid. I bought a bottle and followed the instructions, but it didn't seem to work. The instructions say to flush five times when the drain is open, but I don't think it is and I'm afraid of...

Acid rain [ 1 Answers ]

A biologist is testing the effects of acid rain on plant growth. She has 500 mL of a 12% acid solution, dut wants to use a 7% solution. To the nearest mL, how much water should she add to obtain the desired concentration?:eek:

View more questions Search