Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ReDLighTGreenLigHtGO13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 03:02 PM
    How to get rid of an abrsion from waxing
    Please help me get rid of these abrasions from waxing they look horrible!! PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE PLEAse my mom won't help she's just mad at me for what I've done to my face
    :mad:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 03:25 PM
    You have esentially taken away several layers of your facial skin. This is not going to go away in a big hurry and may possibly leave scars for a while if you don't do things right. I am sure you have learned your lesson about waxing so I'm not going to go there...
    What have your put on you face since this happened... i.e. cream, ointment... and how long ago did this happen?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 10, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDLighTGreenLigHtGO13
    I had these nasty red looking scratches that came from picking at pimples right inbetween my two eyebrows and it left a very icky looking scab and very red. It had finally gone away after using my cousins acne gel and soon enough my face was glowing and beuitiful! Untill we got off winter break and I deciding to wax in the same area. The saame little scabs came back and it looks awful! This week at school was suposed to be fun for me and the boy that I adored was going to be at school!! I don't know what to do now!! I"m not aloud to use like liquid cover up but I can use powder but even if i use the powder my face stil looks rediculous. PLEasE HELP me !!!!
    Don't pick the scabs or apply any ointment on them. The scabs are there to protect the wound or abrasions while the damaged skin heals. When the abrasions are healed the scabs will fall off. It's hard to camouflage a scab, but you can try using a concealer to make the scabs less noticeable.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 04:16 PM
    I was going to suggest she use an old time remedy that I have used for the past 30 some years. IODEX antiseptic ointment by Lee Pharmaceuticals in California. Not every drug store carries this product. Essentially is is iodone suspended in a petroleum base. It is used on scrapes and scratches and bruises.

I have used it for years and it heals abrasions very quickly and leaves little or no scaring provided you don't keep picking off the scabs that is. It's about $10 a jar but the last jar I bought was years ago (it does not go bad either). Your druggist can order this for you and this will help your scarring issues.
    -

Jan 10, 2008, 06:43 PM
    I don't think it's a good idea to apply ointments or medications on scabs. This will soften or aggravate the scabs, and it will take longer to heal. It's best to leave the scabs alone. It's there to protect the wound while your skin heals.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 06:49 PM
    I've used the Iodex for 30 years on scabs and it does not aggrevate the scab, it heals the skin quicker. It has iodine in it and it is an antiseptic. Right now she needs to have something to keep germs from making a home and getting wose. Don't use concealer on the scab either. Keep it clean and free from any cosmetics until it completely heals.
    Iodex was around for 50 some years before I started using it. It's what you call an old timey medicine from the times when people actually had little or nothing to use for scrapes and open wounds. I've used it on my son when he was a baby. I've used it on my dogs for sores that they had.
    -

Jan 10, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Like I said, it's best to leave the scabs alone.
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 07:20 PM
    I tend to disagree with you, dear. When I didn't have any Iodex and had a scrape, etc. I found that the scab left a scar. When I used the Iodex I had no scars and area healed up just dandy. May I suggest you try this on your next cut or scrape? It's not a miracle ointment, just old fashioned stuff your great grandmother probably used and if it didn't work it would not still be around being manufactured any longer as a lot of the products now a days seem to come and go. I sure would not keep using it if it didn't work as I have better things to squander my money on.
    -

Jan 10, 2008, 07:39 PM
    You have the right to your opinions, and you can disagree with me all you want. But I still stand by my advice. Welcome to Ask Me Help Desk, ma'am.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaving v. Waxing legs [ 10 Answers ]

I have never actually shaved or waxed my legs before. I have quite a naturally tanned body so you can't notice my hairs unless you are close up. This summer I'm planning to do one of them, but which one is the best? Should I just leave it? And will there hair grow back darker and thicker?...

Shaving... Waxing.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 16 and live in England and I need help!! Right I know this is probably not "health" but it was under women's so I thought I'd ask any way. I know this is a stupid question and women are going to be thinking oh my god no way did she just ask that but here goes. I want to get rid of my pubic...

Now This Is A Very Funny Waxing Story... read On [ 5 Answers ]

WAX is NOT your friend CAUTION: Be prepared to laugh out loud... I laughed till I almost cried as I could just see this happening! (And I feel it too!) All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy, painless removal- The epilady, scissors, razors, Nair, and now......

Shaving Waxing Hair on a guy [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, After the interesting post of shaving 'down-stairs', I'm curious as to ask: "What suggestions do you have for a man to shave or wax other areas of his body, ie -: His chest, legs or even his arse...." I personally wax my chest and tummy. :cool:

View more questions Search