Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rowansnow Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 01:21 PM
    How to host on comcast with a different domain name
    I am a little out of my depth here.
    I have built a website for a friend, e.g. Goofball.com - Your Portal To Stupidity.
    He purchased the domain name and webserver space (hosting service) from a place called netfirms.
    However, he has free webspace and web hosting that comes with his comcast high speed internet service. e.g. www.comcast.net/rowan_nicole180/...
    Is it possible to host the website on comcast but link it so that when people type
    Goofball.com - Your Portal To Stupidity, they will be redirected (without their knowledge) to www.comcast.net/rowan_nic..
    Cheers
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Yes. That control would be with the domain name settings. You can do a masked redirect so that visitors don't see the comcast url, but the goofball.com url.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comcast VS Microsoft [ 2 Answers ]

What's the difference between "Comcast'' and "Microsoft.''... What exactly are they?

Connecting My Comcast HD Box to Insignia DVD Recorder [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I'm having some trouble connecting my Insignia NS-DVDR1 DVD Recorder to my Comcast HDTV Cable Box and my Vizio L42 HDTV. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

To host or not to host out of town guests? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it considered rude to suggest family members to stay at a hotel when they come to your state for a visit? My husband and I live near a "tourist-y" city. We both work full time jobs with long hours. His brother mentioned he would like to visit soon when their boys get a bit older. I...

Comcast Tv Stations [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a new TV about the same time Comcast offered the digital network, Our TV has HDTV built into it so like channel 4 has two stations one is 4 and the other is 4.1 Does anyone else get this and is there a channel guide? We now have over a 100 stations with no box.

View more questions Search