Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    activesite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2006, 11:55 AM
    Good firewall that works with corporate VPN
    I am a telecommuter that accesses my company's network everyday over VPN. I don't currently have a firewall installed on my computer because I've heard they can be tricky to use with VPN. Can anyone recommend good firewall software that won't be difficult to use in conjunction with my company's VPN? I don't mind buying software (doesn't have to be a free download), but not sure which one to go get...

Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2006, 12:20 PM
    Best to ask the question of your company's IT department. They would be impressed at your security practices.

Basically most of the software firewalls are designed to monitor applications' access to the network/internet. More info on ZoneAlarm here: http://www.markusjansson.net/eza.html

If you need to open a port for your VPN on ZA you can see that here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rema...9278~mode=flat
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 4, 2006, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Best to ask the question of your company's IT department. They would be impressed at your security practices.
    Lmfao

I use Z.A. there is an opton you must find the port no
    Sona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 02:18 AM
    :cool:
    Ideally its best to have a hardware firewall. Its most effective & is also capable of taking care of a secured VPN connection while giving access to users across different kinds of connectivity into a server farm.

I have found ,that Fortinet - Fortigate 200A is a good firewall which comes 2 DMZ ports, 2 WAN ports, 4 switch internal ports. It has VPN client software, 200A has 200 VPN channels. There are models with more . It comes with Anti spam, web content filtering & active bandwidth management software.

Would recommend that this piece is a peace of mind in terms of having a VPN client log into the farm.

Hope this info helps.
    :d

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corporate tax [ 2 Answers ]

Ex.) Act as if a newly formed corporation receives property from an 80% controlled member. The member contributed property with a basis of $50,000 and a FMV of $100,000. In return, the corporation distributed $100,000 of its stock to the individual, which is like a like-kind exchange, which...

Ms works database to ms works spreadsheet [ 2 Answers ]

Have tried copy/paste but I get a message stating "make sure the destination area is as large as the info you wish to paste" .Anyone help please?

Business / Corporate Law [ 2 Answers ]

Please I need case studies on Company and Business Law. Regards.

Corporate Vehicle Lease. Please Help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, If Anyone Can Help It Would Be Much Appreciated. Location Is New York. I Would Like To Know If A Vehicle That Is Leased By A Corporation Of Which I Am The Owner, Can Be Registered To Me And Insured To Me And Still Be Used As A Tax Write Off On My Personl Return (schedule E) At The End Of...

View more questions Search