Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Jan 10, 2008, 08:56 AM
    My mom never signed for these loans!
    Okay my step dad is a drugie. He's disappeared yet again and my mom is FINALLY deciding to kick him out of the house! She wants him to get out there and live life without the reassurance of "Oh I can smoke all the pot I want my wife will let me back home."

Problem is... what if he doesn't want to come back? My step dad has withdrawn a BUNCH of government loans in order to go and buy crap to give the drug dealers in exchange for drugs! It got though to where they weren't letting HIM take out any loans! So he puts MY MOM ON THEM!! My mom never signed any of these loans! One of them being more the 12 thousand dollars! If my step dad doesn't come back does my mom have to take care of the loans that HE put her name on? Can she get her name off since she never signed? She never gave concent for her name to be on the loan and her signiture is not on them! So techniquially does she have to pay them?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Probably not. Does she have copies? Is she being billed?

Jan 10, 2008, 09:19 AM
    If by billed you mean making payments. Her and my step dad have been making payments monthly, but if he's gone since he's the one who got them out shouldn't he pay for them not her? She never actually signed them, he just put her name on it cause the place he got the loans from wouldn't let him get anymore. And I'm sure my mom has copies cause she's very organized with that kind of stuff but I don't know.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 09:22 AM
    What kind of government loans? Is there any collateral? Why is she paying his bills?

Jan 10, 2008, 09:25 AM
    I don't know all I know is that my mom's name is on these loans that she never signed for. I'll ask my mom what kind they were.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search