Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slickman120 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 09:53 PM
    WE had a rough relationship, should I stay or go? "Long topic"
    Ok, I don't really know where to start, all I know is that I just need some advice on what to do in a break. I guess I'll start from talking about me and my gal's relationship from the beginning.
    We had very different life styles, she has a very closed in life style where her dad is very strict on her even going out (she's 21) and mine is very open; I can pretty much do anything I want. She's a gypsy and that's just how they do things, and they only marry other gypsies. So we have been dating for about a year, and were very much in love, but I was always very, very stressed that I couldn't go on normal dates with her. It was the hardest thing to endure, and many problems erupted from this very subject. Yet, we fought hard, very hard, but we also broke up a lot just due to our immaturity as people, and myself. Then one day about we broke up in July, I broke up with her because she has a very bad anger issue, and that's always been something I couldn't stand. Then I was hit unexpectedly with her finding another man almost instantly, it absolutely killed me. But eventually she realized how much she loved me, and broke up with him, BUT we never got back together no matter how much I kept asking her to be mine again. Things were up and down, mostly because of how we couldn't see each other, but I we still fought hard because it was simply magic when we saw each other, and we never argued when together. For a couple of months now we had been doing really, really well as far as getting along, loving each other in a normal state, and just being happy, despite not seeing each other. I was even going to ask her back out on new years. BUT!! I had a new years party at my house 2 days before new years and got drunk I went to bed. Then the next thing I come to find I'm sleeping with this girl I don't even know! Me and my gal were not "boyfriend and girlfriend" yet we were exclusive in a way so I did the right thing and told her. She was hurt, her mom, (who was the only one on my side) hates me now, and so does her whole family. She was trying to give me a chance and I ended up messing things up even worse!
    Now she wants a break which is understandable, but I don't know weather I should just move on or keep in the back of my mind we may be reunited again. From what you read, is the relationship even worth keeping. I mean, we are very, very much in love. But It seems like I've hurt her too much, but I know I can be a good man to her. Lol, last. Should I have even told her?!

I know it's a lot to read, but I hope somebody can help. Thanks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Sorry for your loss, but I think you should leave her alone and do as she asked. No Contact, and accept this rocky relationship is over.
    slickman120 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 11:01 PM
    Yeah I see your point, but I think most of all she wants us to mature and grow up a bit. Start over because eventually, we might have a future. I don't know, I just can't give up. I won't contact her. We just need time, she needs time and so do I.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

9 month relationship, 1 week break, she wants to "start over" [ 34 Answers ]

All the threads about this relationship have been merged First off, I am a 28 y/o male. My ex is 26 y/o. We have dated about 9 months. Throughout the beginning of the relationship, she would almost every month go through these "we're not right for eachother" things, which began to wear on me....

Want to end first "relationship" after divorce - worried about kids [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 33 year old mom of three kids, 7 yo twins and an 8 yo. We moved to a new state after going through a very difficult year-long divorce from their father (we were married for 13 years) I started dating someone I'd been communicating with on line for about 3 months and met after he moved...

Garage Door Opener "rough-in" [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm in the process of wirring a detached garage, and I'm considering installing an automatic garage door opener. My question is: since I didn't purchase the machine yet (in fact, I don't know too much about how these things are connected at all), can someone give me some advice on how to...

View more questions Search