Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jan 9, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Democrats choosing between Hillary and Obama:
    Dennis Miller, comedian, and more recently known for his political commentary and satire, has a valid point: Why would Democrats that want change, vote for Hillary? We already know about a Clinton ran White House via Bill's presidency. Nothing new there. Even more so why would the black segment of the US population feel they are better off in hope of lasting changes under Hillary when they didn't get that experience under Bill Clinton?

I'm not endorsing Obama over Hillary, don't misunderstand. I've decided I will not vote for neither candidate. I personally don't see any lasting tangible changes coming with either regime. I'm just trying to get a feel for the direction of the Democratic party in general. Admittedly I find this election being one of the most interesting and diverse ever.

Democrats

For those deciding to vote for Hillary or Obama, why do you choose your particular candidate over the other?

Republicans and Independents if you want to answer, please do. If a gun was put to your mother-in-laws head and you were told you had to choose Hillary or Obama, or she gets shot, who do you choose? Just kidding! I know, your mother-in-law just took a bullet. Ok! Pretend the gun is aimed at your head. Now who would you choose if you had to?

Bobby
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Nice knowing you mother in law!

Go Obama... not that I would vote for him but as I said in another post
    I enjoy watching him put the fear in SHillary.

She said it took a Clinton to clean up after a Bush
    It will take a Clinton to clean up after this Bush

I never knew her to be a comedian other than that statement!
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 9, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Actually, I'd vote for Kucinich before anyone else. Obama second. Biden he would be my third choice. Then Richardson. Edwards. Clinton last.

Unfortunately, only people with money & connections get the publics attention, that's why we see more Clinton propaganda than anyone else.

To be honest, Richardson was probably more qualified than anyone else with his credentials. I wish more people would just research each candidate on their own, rather than have the candidate come to them, and decide who to pick based on a 30-second ad spot. Sick. Sad. Pathetic.

Jan 10, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Kind of off the posted subject a bit, but I wish that once we got passed the Democrat/Republican primaries and into the stretch, that other parties, Independents, etc... could be included on a nationally televised debate stage. As far as propaganda the media is fickle. They like to jump on bandwagons and hedge bets. Fox was commentating yesterday how NBC has deliberately taken swipes at Hillary in favor of Obama. The Clinton's obviously do get a lot of exposure with Bill the ex-Pres and Hillary truly the first women with a legitimate chance at the White House. I'm sure the larger revenue for advertisement helps Hillary's campaign, but it doesn't guarantee that we will have to listen to Fleetwood Mac come November, at least I hope not. :)

Bobby
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 07:55 AM
    I think any serious Independent if there is one will be included in the debates . Ross Perot was but Nader and Buchanan were not.

Gun to my head ? I would have an agonizing conundrum. Obama does not have enough experience . Neither does Evita . I think she could possible run foreign policy better ,and I think that despite her current pandering to the Kossak wing of the party ;she would be fairly hawkish . I do think as 1st lady she nurtured contacts even if she did not directly participate in the decision process. (This is turning my stomach making a case for her ) . Over-all it comes down to the devil you know . I have no clue what Obama brings to the table besides charisma.

Jan 10, 2008, 04:36 PM
    My stomach turned just posting the question. Soory Tom I have to spread more rep elsewhere, otherwise I was going to give you a ":)"

Bobby
    SonofSam Posts: 35, Reputation: 7

Jan 10, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Its time we get someone young in office. Obama's a gen x'r. Hillary's ready to collect social security in two years.

I'll take optimism and sincerity over someone who's ready for retirement even if they have years of experience.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Finding a Democrat I would vote for president is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Jan 12, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    Finding a Democrat I would vote for president is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
    Finding a old, rich, white guy at a country club that isn't a scotch drinking, bigotted, narrow minded jackass is like... Wait I just described 90% of the GOP candidates.

Time for change baby.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Like Hillary, coronated Queen of New York? John Kerry, pauper of Massachusetts? John Edwards, millionaire trial lawyer? Chris Dodd or Joe Biden, colored middle class guys? The Kennedy's? George Sorros, billionaire benefactor and de facto owner of the Democrat Party? Who you talking about? Alan Keyes? Ron Paul? Cry me a river.

Jan 12, 2008, 10:44 AM
    We all know Ron Paul isn't a republican. Either is Giuliani.

Maybe I should elaborate more.

Who are you voting for?

The crazy southern baptist, Mr. Image aka Romney, Fred "The drunken Uncle" Thompson?

Yeah, I probably would shed a tear if any of those guys get elected because its going to be another at least 4 years of dismal grief. No republican has the balls to end this ridiculous war let alone repair the damage done by the bush regime, at least not without catching a bullet from a grassy knoll.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 10:48 AM
    I've read here where some people believe experience, and others who think age is the deciding factor. If one or the other was an only choice I would vote for “Character.”

Obama
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 10:53 AM
    I'm not a democrat but I agree with your points as far as the Democratic party's concerns regarding this election. If a gun were to my head I think I'd choose Obama simply because I don't trust Hillary any farther than I can throw her. The record is still kind of out on Obama so to speak so I guess I have to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Jan 12, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Edwards and Clinton are politically motivated by every move they make. Obama seems to have more logic involved in his decisions.

If Edwards and Clinton knew that voting against a war in Iraq wouldn't have been detrimental to their campaign, guess what, they would have voted against it too.

I hate to sound like this war thing is the only issue but it has a HUGE ripple effect.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSam
    We all know Ron Paul isn't a republican. Either is Giuliani.

Maybe I should elaborate more.

Who are you voting for?

The crazy southern baptist, Mr. Image aka Romney, Fred "The drunken Uncle" Thompson?

Yeah, I probably would shed a tear if any of those guys get elected because its gonna be another at least 4 years of dismal grief. No republican has the balls to end this rediculous war let alone repair the damage done by the bush regime, at least not without catching a bullet from a grassy knoll.
    You sound like a sicko with an under utilized brain. Maybe too much CNN and NPR. Do facts make you uncomfortable?

Jan 12, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Under utilized brain?

I believe you're the one that resorted to name calling.

Exactly what facts I'm I ignoring here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Democrats coming to the rescue [ 3 Answers ]

Whatever happened to the idea that when all the Democrats took office that they were going to change everything instantly, "well hello, gas is surging in price groceries and other staples are also skyrocketing so where is that instant relief they promised us . Why would we think it will get any...

Hillary says she is progressive [ 3 Answers ]

Progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Glenn Beck says that is probably one of the most honest replies she (or any politician) has ever given. What do you consider the pros and the cons of progressivism??

Do the Democrats want to create a Theocracy ? [ 8 Answers ]

President Bush has been accused more than once here and other places of having a desire of creating a theocracy in the USA . Usually support for this claim is made by taking statements he has made completely out of context. Based on that standard it is perfectly acceptable to make a similar...

Clinton worries Democrats' leaders [ 54 Answers ]

Seems the Dems' worries keep increasing. First it was talk of how success in Iraq would be a problem for them, now their front runner has them concerned about hurting the rest of their slate. Looks like Hillary is a nightmare for both sides, those who think she's may cost them the house or...

The Obama Shuffle [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what Obama, a man who majored in Political Science, specializing in International Relations at Columbia University, plans to do with those skills when it comes to national security? So far, he wants a "diplomatic surge" to solve the problems in Iraq, whatever that means. ...

View more questions Search