Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aulton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Connecting a gravity fed shower
    I am fitting a thermostaic mixer to a vented system using conventional hot water cylinder. The usual arrangement has the pipe coming from the top of the cylinder running horizontally and then Teeing into a vertical pipe which feeds hot water taps etc below and vents into the tank above. Normall I would TEE into the vertical pipe but on this installation the pipe leaver the cylinder horizontally has a short vertical run (400mm)then an even shorter (100mm) horizontal section before teeing into the vertical feed and vent pipe.
    My question:
    I would prefer to Tee off for the shower before the main vertical pipe. I know I can tee off the short horizontal pipe provided I come off below it . Is it possible to tee of the short vertical piece even though there is a short horizontal pipe just beyond it?
    Sorry this is so commlicated an explanation.
    Martin Harrison Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2006, 09:28 AM
    Gravity shower
    Hi

I did look at your problem yesterday but I was not sure if you were UK or USA based so I held back.

However please find attached a diagram of how a gravity shower should be connected to a hot water cylinder.

Name:  GRAVITY_FED_(O_L).gif
Views: 19248
Size:  12.9 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you tell me why earth has gravity [ 9 Answers ]

Can you tell me why earth has garvity and why earth rotates

Two parts: moving toilet over 4" and connecting to 4" black plastic to make shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi friends, I have a concrete slab foundation. In one full bath, I'm changing out the tub to put in a sauna tub, going from 60x30 to 60x32. The toilet is right next to the tub, so I want to move the toilet over at least 4" and change the sink to a pedastal sink to make room for the move for...

Connecting/moving a shower [ 1 Answers ]

Need some help. We are finishing our basement and installing a bathroom. The builder put the rough in for the shower drain too close to the toilet drain. We would like to move the drain over by about 12 inches. The problem that we have is that there is only 3 inches of clearance under the...

Gravity [ 3 Answers ]

How does the spinning of a planit affect its gravity.

Gravity [ 3 Answers ]

At a certain point between the earth and the moon, the gravitational attraction towards the earth is exactly balanced by the gravitational attraction towards the moon. If a spacecraft is at that certain point, what is its distance from the center of the earth?

View more questions Search